View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
LottiFurmann

The Stage is set

The promotional video of Yuvan Shankar Raja's concert will be telecast on Vijay TV from today

The smell of wet paint pierces the nose. A piano sits in the middle of the room. Music systems in various sizes rest on the racks of a giant-sized shelf. Everything is in place at the sets in Prasad Studios. Yuvan Shankar Raja enters, acknowledging greetings from the crew. It is the last of three consecutive all-night shoots for his music video, aimed at arousing curiosity about his concert, in collaboration with Vijay TV, at YMCA Nandanam on January 16.

“I had been planning for this concert for a long time. It is finally happening,” says an excited Yuvan.

Since the concert, being organised on a massive scale, required a promotional song that could be broadcast on Vijay TV, Yuvan has had to refresh his acting skills. “I was shy at first. Since I know these people, I could get over it,” says the composer.

The music video has been directed by Vishnuvardhan and the camera, handled by Nirav Shah. Kalyan did the choreography and Shanthanam created the sets. The highlight of the shoot: a Red One camera. Yuvan is more than satisfied with the lyrics penned by Na. Muthukumar. “This song is about my music and my fans,” he says and recites a few lines. “Through this song, I am telling my fans that they own the world, but I own their hearts,” he says in a tone that underlines a sense of gratitude towards his fans.

The full video will be telecast on Vijay TV from today to whet viewers' interest in the concert that will feature Yuvan's hits and include top singers and artistes from the industry.

Asked about other projects on the boil, Yuvan mentions a private English album based on hip-hop and R&B, with a twinkle in his eye.

Source: The Hindu.