View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 AM   #42
DownloadMan

Thats fine with me, but I truly believe that without proper enforcement that Thai driving habits will never change because as was stated in another thread that Thai do not pay attention to or even see those they do not know or make direct eye contact with, and it has been proven to me that this is true because just after turning into our village once a Thai in a pickup was passing a Thai Truck [PDA FARM CAR] and the road is very narrow with a school fence close to the road and by taking my side of the road, he ran me off into the grass and almost into the fence and I gave him the mighty finger, the next day he came to our house to talk to my wife and was complaining to her that I disrespected him by giving him the Hawiian peace sign, he admitted he was wrong but that I should not have done the very disrespectful thing I did, so I asked him how much respect he showed me by trying to kill me with his pickup,,END of Conversation ,and he left. And I see no change in the future as there will never be enforcement as long as each policeman is autonomus to the laws and actions of other policemen.
And it can not be used as an excuse for their actions or inactions because they are underpaid because they take a job at a certain wage and therefore should do the job, issue citations and the money should go into the general fund to pay for equip. and wages instead of into their pockets as many policemen seem to have money to buy nice homes and business's, just look at Toxin after his top cop job in Chiang Mai.