View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
wrenjmerg

Hi Enya

Many dogs at the age of two aren't quite mature yet and will still get a little excited in some situations. If you look at him in "human years" he is a young man in his early twenties who is still quite immature but hopefully will calm down soon. I doubt if being castrated will effect his personality but why put him through an operation when it's not needed? He seems like a fantastic dog with lots of personality and I'd just let nature take it's course until he gets a little older. Are the agility competitions more important than his welfare? Of course not!

There are many people who will tell you to have a dog castrated just because "it stops them having unwanted puppies" or "it stops them being aggressive" but unless you are planning to let him roam free and impregnate bitches or if he is actually showing any aggression then it isn't needed at all. The government and animal welfare people have spread propaganda in the last few decades to make everyone think that all dogs should be sterilized. I find it really patronising that they don't give dog owners enough credit to look after their dogs properly in the first place!

Louise