View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #6
acneman

I've read it before, I can't read it again.... I started and had to stop. I have gotten 2 of my dogs at the Humane Society. My girl Sheaba back in 86, had her 14 yrs, she was only 4 weeks old when I got her, in a cage with 10 pups and no mother.

I got my boy Maxx at the Humane Society back in 98, they estimated him to be about a year and a half to 2 yrs old. Some one had left him tied to their fence. I can't imagine this sweet boy watching his family drive away and thinking "How could you leave me here in this place, alone, scared, tied to a fence"..... It still brings tears to my eyes.

Maxx has had a good life, I've had him 10 years now, he's getting old, has a hard time getting up and down in the winter months. But he sleeps inside when it's cold or raining, and he comes inside where it's cool when it's hot outside. He's had a pretty good life, and I love him dearly. I can't imagine how anyone could get an animal, only to take it to the HS in the middle of the night, and leave it tied to a fence. I wish I could rescue them all.