View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
refdhbgtd

Default Interesting point for SA
I receive a monthly newsletter from Fisherhaven . As I have a property there . But anyway this was one of the topics .

Just lately it seems everything is doom and gloom. We are told of America sneezes we will catch a cold – But what will happen to us if America is currently experiencing what could be terminal pneumonia? The papers keep telling us that we are in relatively good shape (all thanks to our banks ridiculous and usurious charges) and that our job losses are pretty small. Beer and cigarettes, ya, well try telling that to a recently unemployed man with wife plus 8 kids and 4otherdependants.
But you needn’t worry anymore – I can cure all South Africa’s economic woes with just one little law, annual road worthy’s for ALL vehicles over5 years old. Just think about it for a minute – How many total wrecks are on our roads? It would be easy to enforce – no roadworthy – no licence disc.
The good points to come out of such a law are truly enormous, imagine a taxi with brakes, lights, wipers, horn etc. that work and not a kojak tyre to be seen. Straightaway that would save injury and loss of production and cost of hospitalisation to at least 50 000 people. The trade loss to panel-beaters is easily off set by the increased need for staffing factories that produce all those spares. Employment would be created at garages to employ inspectors, schools would be needed to train these inspectors, mechanics would be in demand and the cherry on the top SHOULD be reduced insurance premiums.
Of course all those people whose lives I’ve just saved would now require houses and things – but hey that would stimulate another industry
All those rusty old wrecks with open plan floors, doors pop riveted in place and the proverbial piece of string holding the boot shut would be a thing of the past. New and second hand car sales would go one way.
I’m sure the cops would welcome such a law – if number plate lights work then the chasing cop car could identify stolen cars etc – and think of the fines they could issue! Enough money to double the SAPS manpower and there you go – more employment
Awe inspiring and I haven’t even touched on buses and trucks that belt out all that oily, smelly black yuck (I was going to say s..t, but I don’t want to offend our sensitive readers) would be yanked off to the engine re-builders – oops – more employment.
So there you have it – it’s so simple to solve these so called complex problems – so ask yourself the question “do we need all these ministers with their entourages and fat cheques?” Of I can solve our economic woes in 30 mins flat, I reckon I on my own, can replace that useless lot, and what's more, I wouldn’t need a huge salary – just 1% of the average value that they steal, embezzle and de-fraud us all of. I can live very nicely on that, the treasury saved a small fortune and everybody can be happily employed.

Interesting point he makes . And hell it would bring in alot of revenue as well reduce alot of accidents . Uk has this in place with road tax and MOT

A other bit that keeps nagging me at the back of my mind is weither or not this is a good time to return to SA . When I left SA it was only for a working holiday for 3 months and take it from there .