View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
HugoSimon

Great reading hearing stuff like that, would love to read more, i'm sure there are heaps of footy tragics out there with a story or two to tell about who they are related to or rubbed shoulders with at some point in their lives.

like you DD we have already yarned about this....but Paul Mountain (SF) was my year 7 teacher at primary school in 79, we had a bet (about 50 cents from memory) on the 79 GF Derby.....really nice guy, coached our school team too. David Bain (EP/Fitz/BB) and Richard Dennis (EP/Car/NM/WP) were footy and primary school mates. Played club junior footy with Tony Papotto (EP/P), Rodney Lewis (EP), Nathan Brooks (EP/CL) and Paul Bagshaw (EP). Good mates with a fella who played colts for two years at EP in Greg Brennan in the early eighties, used to go out partying with the likes of Starcevich,Peos etc who were his EP team mates. Was out some night, mid eighties, getting close to a young lady and Johnny Gastev(WP/BL) came over and said take her some where private mate and gave me his car keys!!!.......
One of my other phys ed teachers was a Mr Pampacos (i think his son went on to umpire at WAFL level). Mr Pampacos was a mad Perth supporter and there was always good banter going on between him and Mr (Alex) Hamilton.