View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
DoctorTOneery

This is blog is a joke, attacking Taleef Collective and Zaytuna College. Apparently this author doesnt know what he is talking about. I'm from California and the work of Taleef and Zaytuna is remarkable.

The blogger is obviously from a different minhaj and doesn't know all the facts behind these two groups and what the purpose is.

i also find it interesting he attacks "American Islam." History has shown that everywhere Islam went, the people of they country took ownership and put its own cultural imprint. Islam is not culturally predatory and one of the principles in islamic law is the 'urf. He also confuses the issue of non Muslim with unislamic. Not everything non muslims do is unislamic like their clothing, but everything must be looked through the lense of shariah. Pakistanis and Indians retained their clothing but modified according to the shariah. Same with Chinese, Africans, etc.

Dr. Umar Faruq Abdallah who was a student of the late Qutub and Faqih Habib Ahmad Mashhur al Haddad wrote an excellent article on this issue:

http://www.nawawi.org/downloads/article3.pdf

Also other ulama have visited these places and didnt hold anything blameworthy on it, this includes Habib Ali al Jiffri, Habib Umar bin Hafidh, Shaykh Yahya an Ninowy, Shaykh Salek Siddina who is a Maliki faqih from Mauritania and still resides in the bay area.

It is also important to note not everything that is done overseas works in other countries. Bottom line just because your shaykh says its wrong or your minhaj isnt the end all be all.
bismi Llah...

Has Habib 'Umar seen such a lack of segregation? I'm not referring to the absence of barriers, but to the fact that men and women are sitting next to each other in a learning environment. I ask because this type of behaviour was troubling us, especially due to the fact that Habib's name was being used to justify this, so I asked the noble Habib. He was against the mixing of genders, and he specifically gave the learning environment as an example where no mixing of the genders should take place. In fact, al-Habib endorses the barrier, and 'complete segregation' where possible, citing the Hadith of as-Sayyidah 'A'ishah (where she says the Messenger would have prohibited women from mosque, had he seen their condition in her time. salla Llahu 'alayhi wa alihi wa sallam).

Please do think well before involving names like al-Habib 'Umar and al-Habib Ahmad Mash-hur in this. Jazakum Allahu khayran.