LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #21
u8MmZFmF

ouch man. It's obvious on purpose. I can troll for real when I want. and believe me, I want.
I hadn't actually looked at who was trolling, not that I'm saying you were ( I've read the rules and accusations of trolling are a banning offence), I just assumed that it was trolling of the glaringly obvious type-otherwise PA wouldn't have pointed it out.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #22
Viyzarei

Nah. That's like the bullying is done by cowards stuff, I was talking about that yesterday.

'Nice people' as we shall term the non-racist non-bullying folk of the world can't conceive of a person whose mind is so radically different from theirs that persecuting foreigners and picking on weaklings is incredibly enjoyable and better than most drugs. So they put racism down to fear and bullying down to personal unhappiness/low self confidence in the bully/cowardice on the part of the bully.
Hmm, racism and bullying have different faces for sure, and motives may be various.

Some people would find a joy in picking on immigrants or blacks, (they may have ADHD or something) I think though that majority of "ordinary" people express racist views not because of any ideological concept, but as the last or only form of dealing with the reality they cant understand or change or so.

For instance, when lets say black family moves into a area and blacks have reputation of thieves, people will say they dont like blacks, but in fact they are afraid of thieves, this is what I mean.

It may be another kind of fear. Fear of unknown, economical fears, security issues, fear of losing control etc

Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
Qualarrizab

Kwestos, I think you were actually just called a "nice person"

Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
Corryikilelet

Hmm, racism and bullying have different faces for sure, and motives may be various.

Some people would find a joy in picking on immigrants or blacks, (they may have ADHD or something) I think though that majority of "ordinary" people express racist views not because of any ideological concept, but as the last or only form of dealing with the reality they cant understand or change or so.
The ideological weakness of their views is, largely, what protects minorities from being the victims of organised racism in democracies. Most English people hold some views compatible with BNP rhetoric, but they just haven't made the transition from armchair racists to black shirts-and I doubt they will.

For instance, when lets say black family moves into a area and blacks have reputation of thieves, people will say they dont like blacks, but in fact they are afraid of thieves, this is what I mean.
True but I think that is only the case with racism toward certain groups. I think there are large numbers of people who genuinely hate Blacks for being Black, they don't need to justify it to themselves beyond that.

Whereas to take as an example the anti-Polish sentiment which flared up in the UK a couple of years ago, I don't believe many English people hate Poles for being Poles- they're White (unless you ask Mary of course), Christian, generally well mannered etc and so non-threatening. The type of racism they experienced was truly motivated by a fear, of job losses.

Whereas, whether the economy is good or bad, there will always be people who hate Blacks & Asians & Jews.

It may be another kind of fear. Fear of unknown, economical fears, security issues, fear of losing control etc
Yeah and fear may represent a big part of the reason why ordinary, mentally stable and otherwise kindhearted people hold racist views but it doesn't explain the racism of skinhead thugs for example.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #25
ssyyyrruho

He is a nice person He's not abrasive, having an internet conversation with him is like having a friendly chat with someone-not the raised voices and black eyes you could imagine in a conversation with some denizens of this forum.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #26
staisacic

And I replied as a "nice person", didn't I?

I dont find it derogatory term, do you?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
Buincchotourbss

Someone in my family won't rent property to American Blacks but will to Brazilian Blacks. An interesting question would be is she racist? She says Blacks tend to damage property and be an issue in other ways but she considers Brazilian Blacks to be fine. She's never had an American Black or Black Brazilian tenant before.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #28
VipInoLo

He is a nice person He's not abrasive, having an internet conversation with him is like having a friendly chat with someone-not the raised voices and black eyes you could imagine in a conversation with some denizens of this forum.
and vice versa

Old 05-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
anenselog

Someone in my family won't rent property to American Blacks but will to Brazilian Blacks. An interesting question would be is she racist? She says Blacks tend to damage property and be an issue in other ways but she considers Brazilian Blacks to be fine. She's never had an American Black or Black Brazilian tenant before.
Similar with me. I do not like so-called "Arab-Americans" but I have no problem with Arabs actually from the Middle East.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
pirinosa

Someone in my family won't rent property to American Blacks but will to Brazilian Blacks. An interesting question would be is she racist? She says Blacks tend to damage property and be an issue but she considers Brazilian Blacks to be fine. She's never had a Black or Black Brazilian tenant before.
Well tenants are a thorny issue. My dad will specifically try to find gay tenants, because he believes gays are 'clean and tidy people'

Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #31
SimSlim

The ideological weakness of their views is, largely, what protects minorities from being the victims of organised racism in democracies. Most English people hold some views compatible with BNP rhetoric, but they just haven't made the transition from armchair racists to black shirts-and I doubt they will.
I think its true, and its not only english people, probably most people of the world, its like a human nature, using stereotypes, which makes life easier. It does not applies to the race only, but the way people dress, speak etc.
You put on a tracksuit and Nikes and shave your head and they will be watching you at Tesco's, even if you are the nicest person on earth

Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #32
Tzqowwyt

And I replied as a "nice person", didn't I?

I dont find it derogatory term, do you?
I dunno man. If someone called me a nice person I'd have to go beat my girl up for not doing a better job at it.

@jr1
They are, and generally fun to be around. I love gay guys. You can all feel free to quote me on that.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #33
amagmasia

aside from racism i have to say i dont feel really comfortable around flamboyant gay people.. i dont mind gay people that act normal but i cant stand the ones that are in your face about it

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #34
vosteglog

its not a racism, its experience

racism is a part of risk assesment here I think.
American blacks maybe have a different ethos than Brazilian, I dont know?
Some people say that some American blacks think its a positive action to destroy property of a "white sausage". Its kind of political

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #35
borasolit

@jr1
They are, and generally fun to be around. I love gay guys. You can all feel free to quote me on that.
I don't know about that, I haven't got any gay friends, or enemies for that matter. Wouldn't it be sort of awkward? As in you're a straight male and they're your friend but they could also be attracted to you?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
Bondjrno

I don't know about that, I haven't got any gay friends, or enemies for that matter. Wouldn't it be sort of awkward? As in you're a straight male and they're your friend but they could also be attracted to you?
Not really. Do you have any female friends? Its basically the same. I have several female friends who either one of us is attracted to the other, or we both are, or whatever. Nothing's going to happen though.
I don't mind if a gay friend is attracted to me, as long as they understand nothing is happening besides a brotherly hug. So far, no problems or awkwardness, and back in my junior year of High School during lunch I set next to a FLAMING gay dude who was totally obsessed with me. Didn't phase me.

And in general, for any situation.... If you don't act awkward, it won't be awkward.

LOL so off topic.
As for racism, I don't actually have an ounce of it in me. I make non stop racist jokes about every single group, including my own. I'm completely not PC.. but I've never been racist. Come to think of it, my entire family isn't racist.. which is weird.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #37
SergeyLisin

Gay men have really bad taste in clothing.
Interesting. According to Nixon the reason women's fashion degenerated (in his eyes anyway) was that the designers were women hating gay men.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 04:05 ----------

Not really. Do you have any female friends? Its basically the same. I have several female friends who either one of us is attracted to the other, or we both are, or whatever. Nothing's going to happen though.
I don't mind if a gay friend is attracted to me, as long as they understand nothing is happening besides a brotherly hug. So far, no problems or awkwardness, and back in my junior year of High School during lunch I set next to a FLAMING gay dude who was totally obsessed with me. Didn't phase me.

And in general, for any situation.... If you don't act awkward, it won't be awkward.
I don't really have too many female friends either. I stick with straight males when it comes to friends. Sometimes banter can be quite charged between me and my friends so that may repulse girls.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #38
bunkalapa

I acknowledge that there are obvious differences between the races, but I don't think any particular race is superior to any other race in every respect. Whites are superior in some respects, Blacks and Asians in others. Let history speak for itself. It wouldn't make sense to measure the value of a Black or an Asian person with a "White ruler" so to speak. Each race is unique in its own way and should be preserved. Every culture has value, but some cultures should not mix. I strongly believe that multiculturalism is destined to destroy this uniqueness. Multiculturalism needs to be curtailed. I am very opposed to race-mixing and multiculturalism where it doesn’t belong. In America it’s totally okay, but not in Europe. Everyone deserves a home land.
By the way, how can you be racist against trailer trash? I know what you mean, though. They’re a contemptible bunch who gives decent white folk a bad name. It’s okay to hate on them, just as it should be okay to hate on ghetto blacks. I would call that group-ism.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #39
reaciciomarep

I don't really have too many female friends either. I stick with straight males when it comes to friends. Sometimes banter can be quite charged between me and my friends so that may repulse girls.
Actually, come to think of it, 90% of my friends are women. 2/3 of my best friends are bisexual girls who are in a lesbian relationship together.. The other one is "my mexican" a Jehovah's witness mexican girl. Our shit gets quite humorously heated as well. You'd be surprised. "Go pick pennies jew!" "Mow my lawn!"

Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #40
plalleste

OT removed.

//mod.

Reply to Thread New Thread