Default Tatar life in Finland
Here there are three video data about life Tatars life in Finlandia
I ASK TO SEE ------
2part
3part
4part

Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
bWn4h8QD

I've seen those. I like how they speak Turkish, especially that carpet man in part 2.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
cargo_brad

This guy is the most famous Tatar in Finland. His name is Atik Ismail and he is considered as the "grand old man" of Finnish soccer.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Sawyer

Is he only part Tatar? He looks native.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
AlexBolduin

Is he only part Tatar? He looks native.
According to Wikipedia his family came to Finland late 1800's. Finnish-Tatar intermarriage has not been common due the religious difference. Atik is born 1957 so it would be pretty unlikely for him to have Finnish parent.. I'm not sure tho', perhaps other Finns know if he has Finnish ancestry ?

Today it's different ofcource but as there are very few Tatars in Finland they tend to "keep it in the family" as survival strategy. Atik's sons have Finnish mother tho'.

Funny enough Tatars have very good relations with equally small Jewish community who have similar "Russian Empire" origins in Finland as Tatars do. They even intermarry.

One of my favorite right-wing politicians, Jewish Finlandswede, Ben Zyskowicz is married to Tatar, Rahime. She looked like Paris Hilton in 70's

Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
soonahonsefalh

Stupid question: when and why did the Tatars come to Finland?

Old 12-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Cabinanteerip

Stupid question: when and why did the Tatars come to Finland?
They came during the last decades of 1800's. Finland was Grand Duchy, an autonymous state entity with Tsar of Russian Empire as head of the state. Tatars came to Finland mainly as merchants and soldiers. It's the same story with Finnish Jews. It was actually illegal immigration from pov of Grand Duchy's constitution. Our law back then regulated that any Mohammedan or Mosesian found from Finnish soil must be promptly hanged

First recorded entry of Tatars in Finland is from period of Livonian War (1558–1583). Muscovite Tatar army crossed the frozen sea from Estonia to Helsinki-region and burned down all of the villages there. This is also why you Swedes call Gypsies "Tattare". You mistake the wandering Gypsies as Tatars.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
Lapsiks

According to official figures in Finland lives more than 2000 Tatars and in Sweden lives about 500 Tatars. An ethnic accessory - Mesher Tatars.
I saw interview to the Finnish president Tarja Halonen - there it made comments on position of Tatars in Finland... (Can find on Youtube).
She spoke that Tatars prefer to go to themselves home and to marry \leave in marriage for the...

Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #9
AutoCadPhotoSHOP

She spoke that Tatars prefer to go to themselves home and to marry \leave in marriage for the...
I have seen a tv program that told about a Finnish-Tatarian young man who went to Tatarstan to find a fiancée.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
borasolit

Finns making pilgrimage back to Russia like Jews to Holy Land and Arabs to Mecca?

This should make some good TV.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
saerensenatljn

According to official figures in Finland lives more than 2000 Tatars and in Sweden lives about 500 Tatars. An ethnic accessory - Mesher Tatars.
I saw interview to the Finnish president Tarja Halonen - there it made comments on position of Tatars in Finland... (Can find on Youtube).
In Finland 700-800 is about the size of the community.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
GeraldCortis

Finns making pilgrimage back to Russia like Jews to Holy Land and Arabs to Mecca?

This should make some good TV.
Many Finns or their ancestors have nothing common with the geographic area known as Russia today

Old 12-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
PefeFoesk

I've seen those. I like how they speak Turkish, especially that carpet man in part 2.
Their Turkish sounds cute, but sometimes it is difficult to understand especially the Imam from mosque.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
Haftdrarp

anyone got a documentary on the Finnish Tatars with english or any scandinavian language subs?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #15
12dargernswearf

an article of Finnish Tatars, in Finnish, but with Google translation. They say that came three generations ago from the "Volga curve", are Mishär-tatars and speak western dialect. They are from Aktuk, Nizi Novgorod. At first the grandfather moved to Terijoki in Karelia Isthmus and immmigrated to Finland during the war. A very usual story, I assume.

http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/artikkeli/...1026SI1KA02j7m

Translation

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...A4dUvOra7xXUug

Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #16
Smittoh

an article of Finnish Tatars, in Finnish, but with Google translation. They say that came three generations ago from the "Volga curve", are Mishär-tatars and speak western dialekt. They are from Aktuk, Nizi Novgorod. At first the grandfather moved to Terijoki in Karelia Isthmus and immmigrated to Finland during the war. A very usual story, I assume.

http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/artikkeli/...1026SI1KA02j7m

Translation

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...A4dUvOra7xXUug
haha, funny translation

i thought that my own genetic connection might be via Finnish Tatars, but since the records are so good i doubt it, as they came so late to Finland..

Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #17
ZIDouglas

haha, funny translation

i thought that my own genetic connection might be via Finnish Tatars, but since the records are so good i doubt it, as they came so late to Finland..
We are most likely in a similar situation, connection is not recent.
I suspect mine are Mescheras or Mordvins.

The Mishars are Turkicized eastern Finns, descendents of Meschera and Mordvins, who speak a western dialect of Tatar. http://www.turkiye.net/sota/tatarfaq.html

Old 12-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
LoohornePharp

We are most likely in a similar situation, connection is not recent.
I suspect mine are Mescheras or Mordvins.

http://www.turkiye.net/sota/tatarfaq.html
ok, ive read through some of the link, i would caution on several falsifications of history and biased opinions that clearly shine through, so i dont know how serious i can take it, some of it makes historical sense though, but allot is just nonsense...i dont want to dwell to long on this, just wanted to give people a heads up..

Old 05-01-2018, 06:17 AM   #19
lihebamen

Discuss pattern from which you can set the better idea to this area of bestessay au. Socio economic area of the development where you can enjoy the search boards of the investigation in this field. Specially designed for the area of Finland.

Reply to Thread New Thread