LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
addyta.org

Default Latin Americans animostity towards Spain compared to Anglo settled nations towards UK
From reading various posts on this forum. Why do Latin Americans have animosity towards Spain, compared to the comradery Anglo settled nations have towards the UK?

The US fought a war of independance against the UK, but are now close cultural and political allies. Yet Latin Americans who also fought wars of indepedance against Spain, but still have an animosity towards each other. Why is that?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
Yessaniloas

because many Spaniards don't accept mixed race latin americans and do not want to have any connection to mixed race latin americans so some latin americans hate Spaniards in return IMAO

Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #3
duexjepevef

I know uk ppl who hate America and visa versa
Same for south America

So I don't get your question

Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
hellenmoranov

I have to say that most of the old American colonies got independence:

1- When Spain was very weak due to Napoleon wars.

2- Leading by the local aristocracy (for example, some of them wanted to buy or sell slaves to USA and they weren't allowed by Spain).

Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
lidya-sggf

Read one of my post and you will understand:

"Yes, I like to denigrate you (Spaniards) because you have always come to Latin American looking for a future. You arrived to our countries skinny because of the famine, and you were barely able to read and write. However, we received you like brothers and you find a new home. Despite all these things, as soon as you experienced 20-30 years of prosperity you forgot completely about those who once gave you a hand, and you started to believe that you were the centre of the world, when in fact just 40 years ago you were living in one of the biggest shitholes on earth. It's because of your ingratitude that you deserve to be denigrated.
Now your economy is again falling into the gutters, the place where it belongs, and you are already begginning to emigrate to Latin America. Fortunately, Brazil is deporting you and soon we will do the same. Or perhaps we will welcome you just to take your money away, as we did with Repsol. We will never again be brothers, as we were in the times of Franco, when we fed you, becuase of your ingratitude."

It's simply because Spaniards are a piece of shit. You give them a hand and then they stick a knife in your back. They have always been like that.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
ViaxobbimeVar

because many Spaniards don't accept mixed race latin americans and do not want to have any connection to mixed race latin americans so some latin americans hate Spaniards in return IMAO
Ethnicity apart, I see Spanish very close to Southern American in cultural issues.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
Blellurgews

That's messed up when you think about it. It's like a father rejecting thier own child.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
poRmawayncmop

I have to say that most of the old American colonies got independence:

1- When Spain was very weak due to Napoleon wars.

2- Leading by the local aristocracy (for example, some of them wanted to buy or sell slaves to USA and they weren't allowed by Spain).
That's not true, Cinderella. We kicked you out of Argentina because of the following reasons:

1) The English tried to invade us twice, and despite our call for help you didn't send a single ship.
2) The King didn't allow us to sell goods to England, which was the most profitable business at the moment
3) You didn't allow anybody born in the Americas to hold a public position.
4) The king of Spain was in fact Jose Bonaparte, the brother of Napoleon, so the future Argentineans didn't really had a king to whom they feel obliged to.

Selling slaves was a good business for, you, the Spaniards, but not for us. As soon as we kicked you out, not just from our country, but also from Chile, and Peru, we abolished slavery (in 1813).

Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
Kneedycrype

That's not true, Cinderella. We kicked you out of Argentina because of the following reasons:
Us? We Catalan are not Spanish!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #10
Wachearex

OK, sorry.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
Jxmwzgpv

That's messed up when you think about it. It's like a father rejecting thier own child.
I agree. Some Spanish complain about Spanish-speaker America when it's actually their creation.

I cannot believe Ronald Reagan damning British...

Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
bahrain41

-Existing Amerindians today are descendants of tribes who were allied with the Spaniards against the pre-Columbian empires that oppressed them.

-The wars of independence were orchestrated by the Criollos, descendants of Spanish, with help from UK, not by Amerindianss. Amerindians fought mostly in the Spanish armies.

-Before independence, the Amerindians were recognized by the Spanish Empire thousands of km2 reserved just for them. Even today the Mapuche only recognize the treaties signed with the Spanish Empire (100,000 km2 of land), and throughout Latin America is littered with organizations that rescue old documents of the Spanish Empire to prove the ownership of lands that were expropriated after the war of independence.

-The Criollo elite of these countries need something to blame for their problems and try to destroy his image, that is, Spain. They also need to strengthen their sense of nationalism and patriotic pride, weakened by severe economic and social problems, saying that "Spain is worse, Spain is poor, Spain is racist, Spain treated us badly.... And they have reflected all this in educational system and in mass media, distorting history to their interests. This hatred of Spain is also being exploited by Marxist-Indgenist chiefs like Evo Morales and Hugo Chavez. Here you have the answer to why so many Latinos hate Spain.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #13
styhorporry

-Existing Amerindians today are descendants of tribes who were allied with the Spaniards against the pre-Columbian empires that oppressed them.

-The wars of independence were orchestrated by the Criollos, descendants of Spanish, with help from UK, not by Amerindianss. Amerindians fought mostly in the Spanish armies.

-Before independence, the Amerindians were recognized by the Spanish Empire thousands of km2 reserved just for them. Even today the Mapuche only recognize the treaties signed with the Spanish Empire (100,000 km2 of land), and throughout Latin America is littered with organizations that rescue old documents of the Spanish Empire to prove the ownership of lands that were expropriated after the war of independence.

-The Criollo elite of these countries need something to blame for their problems and try to destroy his image, that is, Spain. They also need to strengthen their sense of nationalism and patriotic pride, weakened by severe economic and social problems, saying that "Spain is worse, Spain is poor, Spain is racist, Spain treated us badly.... And they have reflected all this in educational system and in mass media, distorting history to their interests. This hatred of Spain is also being exploited by Marxist-Indgenist chiefs like Evo Morales and Hugo Chavez. Here you have the answer to why so many Latinos hate Spain.
I give a shit about the amerindians, this is about you being a bunch of assholes.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 AM   #14
Penisvergroesserung

Criollos usually don't dislike Spain...

some mestizos do though

Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #15
ddxbovMQ

some mestizos do though

You are wrong, nodoby likes them. I used to like them until I met them and realized the kind of persons they are. The same happened with a lot of my friends. When you go to Spain they take every possible opportunity to mock your country and to tell you that they are better. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the time of the colonies.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #16
Veronnisa

some mestizos do though

I refer to the elite.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #17
Franchise

I see restrictions on freedom of speech and self defense in UK as stifling and oppressive. Surely some Brits see the US approach in these areas as uncivilized and barbaric. There are numerous other differences I could identify... nationalized healthcare, armed police force, rights to hunt, etc. In any case, I don't consider myself or the fair majority of middle Americans to align politically with prevailing policies in the UK.

Having said that, I accept that culturally, linguistically, genetically I have taken a lot from the British. Credit where credit is due.

Would they accept me, culturally or racially? Maybe, probably, but really I don't know or care. I have no intention to go there for anything more than a short visit.

Do I hate them? No, why would I? They don't, really can't, deny me anything I am interested in having or doing. I don't approve of some aspects of their society, but that is their problem, not mine.

If we for example have a riot and respond with a brutal crackdown, yes I'll probably tell them to fuck off if they criticize, but again, they can't deny my nation it's rights, have no power to do it... why hate when gloating is more appropriate?

Japan, well LOL... they consider me a mongrel barbarian culturally and racially, without a doubt, but I like them anyway. I criticize some aspects of their culture but the good far outweighs the bad in my mind.

Yes, indeed I wonder about these new world haters against their old world fatherlands.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
Lhtfajba

I agree but it's also true that your legacy in America has been poverty and misery (the only exception may be Chile, but "one swallow doesn't make a summer"... look at Argentina, Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia, Equador...), while Anglosaxon has created the greatest nation in the world. I mean, maybe some Spanish feel ashamed of what they created and pretend not to be related to.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #19
immelawealecy

Your country ??

Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #20
redDoodia

They haven't created us, Cinderella. We are what we are because of our mistakes. However, it's true that many Spaniard immigrants, in the XX century, became Argentinean politicians and stole everything. However, even the latter were Argies too.
We were a very prosperous country at the start of the XX century, by the way, but then everything started to deteriorate.

Reply to Thread New Thread