LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
quorceopporce

Default Will Mexicans secede from America?
Once Mexicans become a majority in the American South West will they try and secede and re-unite with Mexico?

In Texas at least they would be perfectly entitled to utilize Texas's secession clause, and trigger a referendum.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
AndrewBoss

It is all Mexican territory anyway.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
arindiruppyr

It was Mexican territory for 16 years, in Texas case at least, it has been a part of America for more than 150.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
JackTimQSR

It was Mexican territory for 16 years, in Texas case at least, it has been a part of America for more than 150.
Well Mexicans have a large fraction of Native American ancestry, and they owned it for thousands of years.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
zithromaxlinks

Well Mexicans have a large fraction of Native American ancestry, and they owned it for thousands of years.
True enough and to be honest I hope they do take the southwest and secede. I wish them luck in that endeavor.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
oranowdenda

True enough and to be honest I hope they do take the southwest and secede. I wish them luck in that endeavor.
Only the 13 colonies are worth anything.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
spamkillerj

That is why I have some sympathy for them unlike 3rd world immigrants to the UK who are very much alien, they are as native the to American continent as most Native Indian US Americans. The average native Indian in the US has some European admixture.

Many of the Mexican and US Indian border tribes used to migrate either way of the border back and forth for 1000s of years and all of a sudden they are told that they Americans or they are Mexican.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #8
DoctorWeryDolt

Only the 13 colonies are worth anything.
I like east of the Mississippi minus Florida.

If this happened, and I seriously doubt it will, I doubt they would rejoin Mexico though. I imagine they would found a new nation.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #9
DJkillos

Once Mexicans become a majority in the American South West will they try and secede and re-unite with Mexico?

In Texas at least they would be perfectly entitled to utilize Texas's secession clause, and trigger a referendum.
That's highly Unlikely.

Mexicans that live in the states are proud to have mexican roots but they wouldnt want to be part of Mexico, they live well as part of the United States and they feel proud of being american citizens -at least the legal ones-, they want to assimilate and follow the american way of life.

American culture enriches with cultural elements of mexican culture without american culture stop being the main and most important culture to the United States, Mexicans dont want the USA to become Mexico but they make a contibution to that culture.

Cheers.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
royarnekara

That's highly Unlikely.

Mexicans that live in the states are proud to have mexican roots but they wouldnt want to be part of Mexico, they live well as part of the United States and they feel proud of being american citizens -at least the legal ones-, they want to assimilate and follow the american way of life.

American culture enriches with cultural elements of mexican culture without american culture stop being the main and most important culture to the United States, Mexicans dont want the USA to become Mexico but they make a contibution to that culture.

Cheers.
That is what I figure. There is a reason people immigrated from Mexico to the USA in the first place. If they wanted to live in Mexico they probably would have just stayed there with the exception of the minority whose roots go back to the annexation of Texas, California, etc.. and even then the Mexicans that lived in Texas wanted to secede from Mexico just like everyone else there did. They were so far from Mexico City they felt the nation wasn't looking out for them.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
OvDojQXN

Many Mexicans do not adopt theAmerican way of life and live in enclaves. If the Enclaves keep growing they will become more numerous, than White American majority and mixed areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztlan#...icano_movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexica_Movement

Old 06-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
Trientoriciom

Mexica Movement is a small minority within "Mexicans" and they have more of a Chicano culture than Mexican one. Mexican mentality is very different from Mexica Movement or Aztlan or any of those crazy groups.

Mexicans aren't really fighting nor asking for any land back, they don't believe they're indigenous to the continent or have "a right" to it, they don't hate white people or Europeans, and although most do believe they're Aztec mestizos and feel some negativity towards the whole "Spanish invading us" ordeal, they don't really act upon it.

I always feel it is unfair to say Chicanos and Mexicans in USA haven't adapted because they keep some of their culture, food or wish to be bilingual, but reality is they culturally fit more or equally in USA than they do in Mexico. WAm culture and Afram culture are distinct from each other, but they're still both from USA and that is how I view a large part of Chicano/Mexican-American culture, too.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #13
Ceakicknunk

Many Mexicans do not adopt theAmerican way of life and live in enclaves. If the Enclaves keep growing they will become more numerous, than White American majority and mixed areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztlan#...icano_movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexica_Movement
Many white americans are white supremacist too and that doesn't mean all white americans are crazy ass racist.

Well that's the same

There's no way those mexicans want to secede from america, you cannot affirm that just because of some crazy ass half educated latinos of the Mexica Movement who barely know Mexico's and their own history.

If you believe that then you're dumber than them....

Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #14
ElenaEvgeevnaa

Not with the army the US have.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
maxuilg

Not with the army the US have.
It would never get to the point Army has to act.

Most of mexicans who immigrate to US legally or Illegally go to US to find what our government has't been able to provide them.

Opportunities, Peace and Justice, for them and their families.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
cl004

I'm too patriotic

Old 06-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
lovespellszz

There's also a problem with Chicanos waving the Mexican flag betraying the country they're citizen of. Nothing wrong with the flag, but it is if you put higher value to it than to the Star-Spangled banner.
But at least it's not brought down to political levels, like in France.

(no tricolore to see)

Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
TimoDass

^^^^ Thats is precisely what I have pointed at as an immigrants big political mistake.

However you have to consider many of them are less than half educated.

You cannot go to other country (in this case USA) and pretend to be accepted when you flamm a foreign flag and protest if front of the locals very same faces.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #19
ROYMANgo

The thing is they don't feel accepted in USA regardless and they won't ever be, not as any other citizen. Any sort of "adaptation" is completely disregarded and the whole waving flag is some sort of scapegoat reason. I've seen countless of Polish wave their flags, support their team against USA in football, be bilingual and so on and so forth, but no complaints.

I can understand both sides perfectly as I am familiar with both sides of the happenings, but it is more of a cycle than x's fault for y's reaction.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #20
aLZ9zKsO

Well, Poland neither borders the USA and their immigration waves were more separated from one another. This might be a difference to take into account. It's harder for a Chicano to want to lose your Hispanophone heritage, because you're more likely to meet fresh import and to have family in the 'motherland'.

But really, you don't have to become a monoglot in order to be part of the US.

Reply to Thread New Thread