DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate

DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/)
-   American Football (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/american-football/)
-   -   the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday. (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/american-football/285932-toronto-maple-leafs-thursday.html)

officialsbaseball 08-10-2018 08:15 AM

the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.

The high-powered New York Yankees were stymied by Tampa Bay’s relievers.

Six Tampa Bay pitchers combined on a five-hitter Martin Kaut Blackhawks Jersey , and the Rays beat the New York Yankees 2-1 Friday night.

Utilizing a bullpen day, the Rays improved to 14-31 against teams with a .500 or better record with the victory over the team with the majors’ best record. New York is 40-5 when allowing four or fewer runs.

”You just don’t limit that team to one run very often,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. ”So as far as piecing it together and guys coming in and doing their jobs, that’s probably as good as you can make it.”

Winner Ryan Yarbrough (6-3) entered in the second and allowed one hit in 3 1/3 scoreless innings. Sergio Romo worked the ninth for his fifth save in nine chances.

”Getting those tough wins against a really tough opponent was great,” Yarbrough said.

The Rays, 12-19 in one-run games, are 3-5 during a stretch of 16 games with the Yankees, Washington and Houston.

Willy Adames put the Rays ahead 1-0 with a run-scoring single off CC Sabathia (4-3) in the fourth. Sabathia allowed two runs and nine hits in 5 1/3 innings.

Tampa Bay has just two established starters in its rotation with injuries to Chris Archer and Jake Faria.

”Whatever kind of combination they’ve got going on over there, it worked tonight Authentic Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey Elite Womens Youth Big&Tall Nike Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Shop Free Shipping ,” Sabathia said.

Tampa Bay went up 2-0 in the fifth on C.J. Cron’s sacrifice fly, a drive with two on that Yankees right fielder Giancarlo Stanton snared with a leaping catch at the wall.

”That was a really special play,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said.

The Rays wasted a chance to extend the lead in the sixth when Johnny Field struck out on a failed third-strike bunt attempt with two on and Matt Duffy hit a two-out grounder with the bases loaded to complete a 12-pitch at-bat against Adam Warren.

”That was on me, poor communication on my part.,” Cash of the Field strikeout. ”That’s not how we drew it up. I didn’t take it off. I made the mistake.”

Aaron Judge made it 2-1 on a seventh-inning RBI single off Chaz Roe. Jose Alvarado prevented further damage by getting a two-out grounder from Didi Gregorius with runners on second and third.

New York left fielder Brett Gardner went 2 for 5 after missing the previous five games due to right knee soreness.

After taking three balls, Gardner hit into a game-ending double on a 3-2 pitch from Romo.

The announced crowd was 27,252, more than double Tampa Bay’s second-lowest average attendance in the majors of 13,414.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Yankees: RHP Masahiro Tanaka (strained left and right hamstrings) will have his first bullpen session Sunday and could start a simulated game late next week.

Rays: RHP Chris Archer (left abdominal strain) had a 20-pitch bullpen session. The opening-day starter will likely be out until after the All-Star break. ”(Saturday) will be big to see where my level of soreness is Authentic Vinny Curry Jersey Elite Womens Youth Big&Tall Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Shop Free Shipping ,” Archer said. ”The last week my body has really come a long ways. I don’t wake up with any soreness.”

MINORS’ MATTERS

Yankees: RHP Clarke Schmidt, taken 16th overall in the 2017 draft, allowed two runs and three hits over one inning in his first Gulf Coast League game. He missed all of last season recovering from Tommy John surgery.

Rays: Two-way prospect Brendan McKay is on Class-A Charlotte’s disabled list with an oblique injury.

MOVING DAY

Tampa Bay reinstated INF Daniel Robertson (left hamstring strain) from the 10-day DL and optioned RHP Austin Pruitt and outrighted OF Rob Refsnyder to Triple-A Durham.

UP NEXT

Yankees RHP Sonny Gray (5-4) and Rays RHP Wilmer Font (0-3) are Saturday’s scheduled starters.

Hours before his Swedish countrymen were to play for their second straight world championship, Daniel Alfredsson reflected on how his life has changed since he has become a hockey dad. Alfredsson headlined the group of eight 2018 inductees to the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame on the final day of competition in Copenhagen.

”You’re never going to get the highs of playing in a world championship or especially the world championship final again,” he said. ”But I’m happy where I’m at.”

For the last year, Alfredsson has been away from the NHL, but not far from the rink.

”Three of my sons play for the same organization,” he said. ”I coached two of the teams.

”I had a really enjoyable time. Learned a lot as well: where to set the bar for the kids at different ages and maturity levels. It was a great experience.”

Originally drafted in the sixth round by the Ottawa Senators in 1994, Alfredsson won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year in 1995-96 and went on to become the franchise leader in goals (426) and points (1 Albert Wilson Color Rush Jersey ,108) in an NHL career that spanned 18 seasons, 17 of them in Ottawa. He served as captain from 1999 to 2013 and helped the Senators reach the Stanley Cup Final in 2007.

Internationally, Alfredsson won Olympic gold with Sweden in 2006 and silver in 2014, along with four world championship medals – silver in 1995 and 2004 and bronze in 1999 and 2001.

After finishing his playing career with the Detroit Red Wings, Alfredsson signed a one-day contract to officially retire as a member of the Senators in 2014 and had his jersey number retired by Ottawa in 2016. He served two seasons as a senior adviser of hockey operations with the Senators before stepping away from the team in July.

”As long as my kids are involved, I’ll be involved in youth hockey one way or another, as a coach or volunteer or anything,” he said about his plans. ”Professionally, I don’t know. I’ve taken a year off. It’s been nice Thomas Vanek Red Wings Jersey , but part of me missed the competitiveness. We’ll see what happens.”

Asked if he’d heard anything about the future of his fellow Erik Karlsson, a fellow Swede and current captain of the Senators who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July 2019, Alfredsson said: ”To me, he says that he wants to stay. But it’s not all in his hands.”

Canadian defenseman and current Los Angeles Kings general manager Rob Blake also was inducted into the Hall of Fame on Sunday.

One of just 28 members of the hockey’s Triple Gold Club, Blake won a gold medal at the world championship in 1994, a Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche in 2001 and was part of the team that snapped Canada’s 50-year Olympic gold drought in Salt Lake City in 2002. All told, he skated for Canada in three Olympics, four world championships and at the 1996 World Cup of Hockey, as well as playing a management role in two world championships and at the 2016 World Cup.

Blake named mentors like Bob Nicholson and the late Pat Quinn as members of the Team Canada brain trust that supported him during his playing days. He supports the return of NHL players to the Olympic stage.

”Yes. To me Ryan Jensen Color Rush Jersey , it was a tremendous experience to be involved in the Village, just like any other athlete,” said Blake. ”That’s probably what I still get asked most about – the Olympics.”

Six others also were inducted on Sunday, including former NHL stars Chris Chelios and Jere Lehtinen in the player category, plus longtime Canadian referee Bob Nadin and France’s second-generation hockey hero Philippe Lacarriere as builders.

Denmark’s Jesper Damgaard, who played in 17 consecutive world championships, received the Richard ”Bibi” Torriani award for his outstanding career as a player from a smaller hockey nation and Latvia’s Kirovs Lipmans was named the winner of the Paul Loicq Award for his contributions to international ice hockey.
http://www.sndpic.com//nike_nfl_jers..._49ers_466.jpg