LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-20-2020, 03:16 AM   #1
linchao

Default The emergence of Slye is only bad news for Graham
The veteran tight end was set to become a free agent in March." Carolina Panthers free agency 2019Panthers re-sign Chris Manhertz to two year dealNew Carolina Panthers T-Shirts ,28commentsThe veteran tight end was set to become a free agent in March. ESTESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that tight end Chris Manhertz has re-signed with the Carolina Panthers. As Schefter alludes to in the tweet, Chris Martinez Manhertz was set to become a free agent when the new league year began in March. Signing the veteran tight end now ensures there’s no bidding war for his services and likely keeps his value down at a manageable level. The financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed. Manhertz has been a favorite of the coaching staff since his arrival in Carolina in October 2016. He’s only caught five passes in his two and a half seasons here, but the coaching staff is keen on his blocking and special teams ability. He’s still relatively young at 26 https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/hats , so there is a chance he develops into more of a pass catcher with Greg Olsen in the twilight of his career. If not, he’ll always have this moment: Carolina Panthers kicker Joey Slye has been named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week after going three for three on field goals in Carolina’s 16-10 win over the Texans. Slye, an undrafted rookie from Virginia Tech Carolina Panthers Hoodie , nailed attempts of 48, 55 (career-long) and 26 yards in the victory. In fact, since narrowly missing his very first NFL field goal attempt Luke Kuechly Color Rush Jersey , Slye has been a perfect marksman, hitting 10 of 10 field goals and 9 of 9 extra points since.It’s about the best thing the team and it’s fans could ask for. An undrafted kicker with a huge leg that can consistently get touchbacks, and potentially kick from as far as 70 yards away... something I want to see him attempt in game action at some point. I mean C.J. Anderson Jersey , it would make me really happy to see him just obliterate the NFL record for the longest field goal. Maybe at the end of a game or half... come on Ron, make it happen.The emergence of Slye is only bad news for Graham Gano, who almost certainly can see the writing on the wall now. Ironically Russell Color Rush Shepard Jersey , Gano is the last member of the Panthers to win this same award after nailing a game-winning 63 yard field goal to beat the New York Giants last year. Still, given the need for kickers around the league, I’m sure Graham will be fine if he ends up without a job in Charlotte.

Reply to Thread New Thread