LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Kinds Of Pain Meds

Default Basantar Air Defence Regiment
The 45 Air Defence Regiment (Basantar River) is from the Corps of Army Air Defence. it was raised on September 1, 1948 at Range Hill Lines, Jhansi. The regiment was awarded a silver trophy by the first Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru in recognition of its hard work in construction of houses (Panipat Lines) for earthquake victims in 1958 at Ambala during operation Amar.

The regiment was the only Air Defence Regiment to participate in operation Vijay in1961 and played a major role in the liberation of Goa as it took surrender of a Portuguese battery including 13 officers and 211 Other Ranks besides arms and ammunition. The regiment participated in operation Riddle in 1965 and shot down numerous Pakistani aircraft including B-57 bombers Sabre Jets and earned one Vir Chakra, two Sena Medals and six mention-in-despatches during the operations.

In Operation Cactus Lily in 1971, the regiment was awarded the honour title “Basantar River” for shooting down a number of Pakistani aircraft during the battle of Basantar. Pakistan Air Force was not able to cause any damage to the supported formations of the regiment. The regiment was awarded one Vir Chakra, five Sena Medals and two mentions-in-despatches during the operations. The regiment has also participated in operations Rakshak (1990), Vijay (1999), Parakram (2002) and Rakshak III in Jammu and Kashmir (2003-till date).

Old 08-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Sherrill Gomez

You always got successful to bring the best and most awaited stuff for your fans. How you can manage all this. As I am also thinking to start my bestdissertations page. But I always get worried to think about that how I will manage this to run so long?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
rosesandra

Searching for a professional, UK based essay writing service that can unburden all your essay worries and satisfy your appetite for good grades? Assignment Writer UK are here for you! We have got the best writers; most of them are former professors and authors.

Reply to Thread New Thread