LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #21
TOD4wDTQ

Curious, as I know nothing about Christianity... if homosexuality is a sin (1) and we're all sinners (1) does that mean that a homosexual has more (1 + 1 =2) sin than non homosexuals?
The church considers the core family, same as in core values, as a foundation for the society hence they tend to guard it vigilant.

Not all sins or violations to the law are of considered as serious, much as our laws don't consider jaywalking and murder on the same level.

In fact the bible was the first document, at least that we know of, that established a connection between the crime and the punishment.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #22
Thomaswhitee

Pailin: Curious, as I know nothing about Christianity... if homosexuality is a sin (1) and we're all sinners (1) does that mean that a homosexual has more (1 + 1 =2) sin than non homosexuals? DogoDon: I assume that's a serious question? DogoDon: One sin or a million sins, it's all the same. Absolutely! I appreciate the idea that one sin or a million sins is all the same. I just feel like the weight of "sin" seems to fall heavier on the gay community. I don't think most of the homophobic crowd would say that all sins are the same and I don't think that sin is clearly defined or that the definition is clearly used.

DogoDon: But I'm curious . . . coming from NC, how is it you know nothing about Christianity? I know! Hard to imagine, huh! I grew up in a secular home and while I went to many church picnics and field days, etc. I've never joined. I have found that Christian churches don't fit my values....nor I theirs.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
Fdhwzctl

He is actually 73.

David
Thanks david.

73 or in his eighties, what matters ?

what matters is he had some good things to say and things people disagreed with. so what that is no excuse for character assassination

this should be an open forum not one where some members are gossipped about amongst the so called elite.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #24
Thomaswhitee

what matters is he had some good things to say and things people disagreed with. so what that is no excuse for character assassination I disagree...I think stating that gays should be killed warrants a character assasination. ....but that chapter is closed.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #25
tevyrefficy

I can not believe in SIN in the religious sense, I think Homosexual [queer] behavior is a sin as is a Muslim eating HOG, or Pedophilia, Cannibalism and incest as a sin, as Leprosy was once a sin and should be treated the same way leprosy was treated, with either death or complete isolation from a healthy population, or with stoning as was set as religious punishment.
Pedophiles are a bad thing, queer pedophiles are a lot worse..It is a long step from normal to phedophile, but a short step from queer to phedophile because you are already half way there.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
peakyesno

I can not believe in SIN in the religious sense, I think Homosexual [queer] behavior is a sin as is a Muslim eating HOG, or Pedophilia, Cannibalism and incest as a sin, as Leprosy was once a sin and should be treated the same way leprosy was treated, with either death or complete isolation from a healthy population, or with stoning as was set as religious punishment.
Pedophiles are a bad thing, queer pedophiles are a lot worse..It is a long step from normal to phedophile, but a short step from queer to phedophile because you are already half way there.
The irony here is that you consider yourself the "healthy" population. I am sure you and Hitler would've been great friends...

Of course pedophilia, cannibalism & incest is appalling, so is your idea that being gay is "half way there". I would say more but you are simply a lost cause so why bother?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #27
L8fGLM4d

Brie, he IS a lost cause. don't bother. and don't get annoyed. not worth it.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #28
tevyrefficy

OH OK so to be worth something people have to believe as you guys do or they are a lost cause,, Damn funny I have never heard that before.
Do you suppose you two could write a book on the subject of "Proper thinking and other Queer Thoughts", Might be a good seller to those that are cut on the bias.

But if you have been molested by a queer pedophile at a young age it does tend to make you look at things with both eyes wide open.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #29
peakyesno

You're right Betti. Not worth it. What I find amusing though is that people who have such extreme reactions to being gay usually harbor latent or repressed homosexual feelings themselves. They try so hard to deny it that it comes out in overtly aggressive reactions/responses.
Good luck with that FIP. You're really old but not dead. It's not to late to come to terms with your true self.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #30
Illirmpipse

I don't think ad hominem attacks really help in this kind of debate--it merely debases you, and gives the other party satisfaction that they managed to get your dander up.

DogoDon

Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 AM   #31
Illirmpipse

Leprosy was once a sin
Not sure where you got this idea, FIP. According to the Bible, the ancient Israelites separated lepers from the general population not as a punishment, but as a way to keep others from being infected. It's not a sin to be ill.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #32
peakyesno

I don't think ad hominem attacks really help in this kind of debate--it merely debases you, and gives the other party satisfaction that they managed to get your dander up.

DogoDon
"Ad Hominem" - I have to admit, I had to look this one up.

Well, I think my response was rather tame considering FIP's remarks and frankly, I really do think that there is truth in that theory...

Old 06-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #33
Z3s9vQZj

But if you have been molested by a queer pedophile at a young age it does tend to make you look at things with both eyes wide open. Old altar boy I presume?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #34
peakyesno

OH OK so to be worth something people have to believe as you guys do or they are a lost cause,, Damn funny I have never heard that before.
Do you suppose you two could write a book on the subject of "Proper thinking and other Queer Thoughts", Might be a good seller to those that are cut on the bias.
FIP, when I say "lost cause" I simply mean that you are so set in your views that there appears to be no changing your opinion. Having said that, I suppose I too am a "lost cause" as I will probably never change my opinion that people should not be discriminated against based on who they love or have sex with (as long as it is with 2 consenting adults).
I have the idea that regardless of the usual discriminatory factors such as age, sex, race, religion, sexual identity/preference...etc.., that people should be treated equal, have the same rights, live amongst each other in harmony, etc. and appreciate the differences rather than condemn people for them...

Old 09-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #35
disappointment2

Same sex marriage has been legalized in some states in the USA but not all.

Many cities in the USA (mainly west coast) actually encourage same sex relationships. People are very open about their preference and show much affection in public to one another without any embaressment.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #36
cakaeroryrere

Default Same-sex marriage in Thailand?
Now same-sex marriage seems to be a controversial issue in many countries. How do the Thais view this?

I know same sex marriage is not legalized in Thailand, but several months ago I came across an article about same sex marriage ceremony performed in a Buddhist temple in pattaya.

Anywa, I agree that in a marriage homosexual or heterosexual is not important. The important thing is they sincerely love each other.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
zilsolley3

In California, same-sex marriage has recently been upheld by the State Supreme Court as being legal. However, the ruling does not go into effect until June 16th and I am sure it will be contested before that date by people who just can't grasp the idea that gays can love each other too.
Quite honestly, I could never understand why anyone would want to marry except for legal rights where children are concerned or when a partner is ill and medical decisions must be made, etc.. My view on marriage has changed recently though as I am soon to wed (although not legally) my thai girlfriend (i am also a woman) of 2 years. Even though we love each other and have been together for 2 years, we cannot legally be recognized as married, therefore, she cannot move to my country as my spouse. Heck, we can't even get her a tourist visa to visit. Funny how a man can go online and order up a bride w/o even meeting her and legally get married but I can't legally marry my girlfriend of 2 years whom I support financially (and her daughter). Yeah, now marriage matters to me. Unfortunately, even though it looks like California will soon recognize gay marriage, it does not transfer over to immigration laws as they are federal laws that over-ride state rulings. Ahh, discrimination is still alive and well in the world. Guess its nice to know there are some things you can always count on. Right.
hi.i read your message and not to sound corny,i feel for you.i will tell you of my situation..xxxx
that sounds so technical...anyways maybe its best if i just tell my story. i went to thailand on vacation to try to get over a disasterious marriage,with the only intention of having fun.while i was there i met a wonderful person,after many days of debauchery, and i fell so deeply in love with her that i want nothing else than to be with her for ever and am even considering giving up my profession here and moving to any other country that will permit me to be with her.let me explain. she is what they call in thailand a ladyboy. she is a complete transexual,fully operated,a beautiful woman.i am not a homosexuaul or homophobe,pardon the expression.she was open with me and i have no problem witth this.i love her as a person and nothing else matters.however,society and laws dont see things the same way.to me she is my love,my life,my soul mate that i have been searching for all my life.i am supporting her financially and we talk incessantly ever day...4 to 5 hours a day.my heart really hurts being away from her.i am a wealthy professional,well respected in my community,no criminal record,i provided all the possible guarantees necesary,but a visa was still refused.i understand what you are feeling.it is not fare.i want you to know that you are not alone in this.hopefullythe new laws will be applied justly because even though we are married,they will not permit her to change her name as my wife and therefore she cannot apply again for a visa because they refuse to acknowledge her gender or the legitamise of our marriade,in thailand even if it is not illegal it is not recognized as legit.semantics but cruel.if our marriage is not recognized in thailand then i can not use it as a reason to have her visa granted in canada.if she does not get her visa she cannot legitimize her marital status.no marital status no recognition in thailan€d and hence no right to a visa from canada,etc etc etc.i bam however trying to go via europe since i also have eu citizenship.but the whole orocess sucks when you consider how easily terrorists can enter our countries.good luck and dont give up

Old 09-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #38
nerrttrw

Its always controvesial in conservative asian countries regarding this issue. I believe that the thai do not show their disapproval openly in their society unlike other countries who makes a big ' hoo-ha' over it.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
OGOGOogoloshennya

TomboR just sent me a message as well letting me know. 80, crickey!
He is actually 73.

David

Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #40
L8fGLM4d

I tried to dig up the actual figure but failed.

Reply to Thread New Thread