LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Trissinas

Who is this spammer Anna or Annalem posting the same or very similar OP on a variety of forums, and not replying to comments?

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=th...ndia%3F+&meta=

Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Xxmlqevq

Default Do Thais know a lot about the geography of India?
Do Thais know a lot about the geography of India? I heard that the culture of Thailand was heavily influenced by Indian culture. Do Thai people know anything about the Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage sites in India (such as Varanasi, Ajanta, Mathura, Khajuraho, Sanchi, and Dharamsala)?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Emunsesoxmete

I would hate to generalise - but it doesn't seem like there is a map of Thailand in any of our classrooms to start with.
when I told my colleagues that I was going on holiday to Malaysia, they had no idea where it was and in what direction. I had to show them on a map. and they are teachers. they were aware that Myanmar and Laos are neighbouring countries, but had no clue about Malaysia.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
cefunonge

Not to worry - many foreigners find their way to Thailand, but can't seem to find their way back home.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Turbo-ip

Could also be someone with a sense of "cultural superiority," I've seen these sorts of questions posted on other cultural message boards and websites from time to time, country 'A' was influenced by my culture 'B', etc. etc. etc.

Anyhow, in regards to FIP post, not so sure about that:

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=4847770

Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Auzuigcx

do americans know a lot about the geography of europe? i heard that the culture of the USA was heavily influenced by european culture. do US people know anything about the catholic and protestant pilgrimage sites in europe?

i guess the answer would be the same

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
bobibnoxx

Do Thais know a lot about the geography of India? I heard that the culture of Thailand was heavily influenced by Indian culture.?....
Can I refer you to my post here on 'Sanskrit influence on Thai language'?
http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...494#post141494

Old 09-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
NutChusty

Australia being an Island Continent should be easy to spot on a world map, If Thai's can't spot there, then they won't be able to find any thing.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
DexOnenlyCymn

Baiting a hook, he will be back with something to sell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do americans know a lot about the geography of europe? i heard that the culture of the USA was heavily influenced by european culture. But yes, the average American does know a lot more about the geography of Europe than the Average Thai knows about India or even Thailand for that matter.
The girl I married is a univ graduate and a school teacher of 25 years seniority and she knows nothing about the geography of anywhere.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
Trissinas

This OP was posted on another forum too asking exactly the same question a couple of days ago, but like here the poster never returned.
Strange!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
adverwork

I asked my wife and she said "It's lots of islands, but in Thailand we don't call it India, we say Indonesia"

David

Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
Emunsesoxmete

maybe collecting data for a thesis on all the different forums available, who knows these days
will need to keep an eye on this thread in case a commercial link is posted as a reply.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
RagonaCon

Yesterday on Amazing Race Asia, the Thai team, "Mai and Oliver", when tasked to go to "Ho Chi Min", she claimed "Oh, Ho Chi Min... is the fat guy right?". She thought Ho Chi Min is one of the cities in China and "Ho Chi Min" is "Mao Zse Tung" untill one of the competitors corrected her in the airport.

Reply to Thread New Thread