LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
12Cickprior

Shamland sounds like one right angry woman!

In fact, everything she has said about condraction and hypocrisy could be applied to any country in the world and not just Thailand!

Go back to Farangland, and you see countries collecting money for the poor in Africa (will always be in debt to Farangland)

Farangland promotes Childrens' Rights, but its perfectly all right to put sanctions on countries like Iraq (1million kids died 1991-99 lack of medicine)

Thailand's pollution is bad! Its only Farangland that is responsible for 80% of the world's foul air and ozone prob.....

No need, as a Farang, to go preaching to the world how bad hypocritic the Thais are!

Troll material?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
doctorzlo

Those who seek to save the world are destined to live a frustrated life, the world is not yours to save.
What is that from? I read something very similar a few years back but don't know what it was. Were you quoting something in particular? A fine sentiment and ignoring such is exactly where sooooo many farang cause the rest of us shame. Words of wisdom indeed!

In the regulars forum FaranginPhetch even hinted to this very idea. He was saying how the farang complain about the price of gas, pollution etc.. yet in reality life goes on. Not his exact wording but in his post it was evident that he applies the very same words you expressed above.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #23
MeatteCen

I just had an image flash into my mind of the entire Thai police force preforming a pop song/dance together.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
12Cickprior

With the advice of Richard i am hoping to get a series started over there at thai-blogs entitled 'insights'.

I have written one up already in note form, called 'Insights.....Thai Police' but haven't posted it yet.

This issue of uniforms will be part of the blog "Yes, Thai police uniforms are meant to scare and intimidate!"

I don't know why, but the police force decided years ago, the tighter - the scarier!

Brown is used for non-commissioned officers but higher commissioned officers wear one that is more greyish in colour.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #25
DownloadMan

OK, where we find it??

Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
doctorzlo

People are not blank sheets of paper for culture to write itself on?

Frankly you are very misled. Any Soc101 class would clear that matter up for you, considering that is exactly what each and every person is. No matter how much of an outcast and rebel you may want yourself to be, in the end you are the epitome of where you came from in all aspects of your social structure or culture.

As far as the fine for littering, I wouldn't exactly be proud of your "stand". Basically you broke the law and feel no shame. You in a childish way try to shift and excuse your actions claiming that (due to pollution) 2 wrongs make a right. So in that justification you could basically say "My attack on her wasn't rape because she had Yaa Baa in her purse, she broke the law first therefore my attack wasn't illegal." How is that statement any different from what was said above?

Just ridiculous! But in just 3 posts it is amazing how fast you have shown true colors. I do hope you improve. Maybe I have misunderstood?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #27
logpogingg

Check out Paul the dark horse!!
Now we may start to get an idea of how Paul made his millions.
Sheep shearing, either the 4 or 2 legged variety

Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #28
DownloadMan

Go for it Guava,,,but remember, it make ya look silly

Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #29
hictchewisa

People are not blank sheets of paper for culture to write itself on....

you don't agree with it so you delete it?? I can't have an opinion that doesn't follow what you think?

I am not the one who said that. the person who said that goes by the name of Erich Fromm a psycho analysist who has written many books on the issues of freedom and human instinct...He said people are not blank sheets of paper to write itself on because he belives as i do too, that human beings have the instinct to be free. "free" in the sense that we do not want to bow down to any authority. There are many books on the subject.. here is another defintion of culture by a man named Michael Parenti. he has written a new book called.THE CULTURE STRUGGLE. Where he says......

Culture should be thought of as a changing process, the product of a dynamic interplay-even serious struggle--between a wide range of social and political interests. To understand a society we need to understand the problem of culture as well as that of power. And, conversely, to understand culture we also need to take note of how power is used in society, toward what end and for whose benefit and at whose cost.

He goes on to say that.........(michael parenti.)

I draw from cultures from around the world in the hope of demonstrating how beliefs and practices are subjected to manipulation by dominant interests, and how cultures are instruments of social power.

Hey this isn't me. These are well respected authors and scientists... I am just a reader.............

and your critizizing me about littering....I was just pointing out the Hipocracy of laws. How they go towards punishing the individual and not the corporations.(or the stytem) I mean take a look around you and read the statistics...most of the pollution in bangkok comes from the public busses....

is that correct?? And yet it only accounts for a small number of vehicles on the road..

So why is it that they do nothing about the buses spitting out smoke?? When the alternative is there? They can easily get rid of those busses and make natural gas busses instead of building more roads and more concrete like they always do making things worse...............

you can look for yourself..try looking the pre-natal deaths in bangkok due to pollution...and you will find some scary numbers..........

Old 09-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #30
hictchewisa

A cop once tried to fine my friend 2,000 baht for throwig a ciggerette butt into a dirty Cannal (klong)..

meanwhile the green bus passes by spitting out black smoke. Of course we didn't give the cop any money and he took down our names. Of course we gave him fake names too............

I said i was Mickey Mouse and my friend said he was Ronal Regan.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #31
SHpuntik

Farangin nahhhhhhhhhhhh I already got Red Indian, construction worker, cowboy, sailor and leather man outfits. I will leave the cop for you

Attachment 162

All together now .......... Y - M - C - A

Old 09-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #32
doctorzlo

Hey hey calm down a bit, I actually commended one of your other posts. I deleted nothing you posted. I did not know his his name but I do recall reading it before, and fail to agree. But hey it's all just opinions right? Both yours and mine.

As far as the hypocracy of the laws perhaps you are right, my point was that alone does not give you or 'your friend' the right to break it. I have very fresh memories of another user that was here being so outspoken against the pollution, a few weeks back. Quite simply we are not here to be degrading. Why not point out some of the positives of Thailand? If you can't think of any then maybe try out iHateThailand.com, but that is not the ideas we are here for.

As I said in my previous reply, I do hope you improve. Improve in the sense that you see what we are, why we are here and merge on in. Coming in strong, outspoken, and opinionated against each and every aspect of Thailand is certainly not the way to fit in to a community.

Reply to Thread New Thread