LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
SergeyMaikov

you have to have 2 or 3 years with the same team. 2 years is early bird rights, 3 years is full bird rights. i don't know the difference between those two.
Ah..that makes more sense.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
SergeyMaikov

Default CBA Question
Maybe I should risk wasting the rest of my time for my entire life and open up twitter and ask....

I know that the Carmelo Anthony rule got rid of the "Extend and Trade" move, and that it also now makes no sense for players to extend at all, since they can get more once they hit free agency (That'll help those small market teams keep their stars)...But what I'm curious about is...If a player signs a one year deal with a team, would the team have their Bird Rights that next offseason?

And if so...why haven't we seen this done yet?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Byxtysaaqwuz

Maybe I should risk wasting the rest of my time for my entire life and open up twitter and ask....

I know that the Carmelo Anthony rule got rid of the "Extend and Trade" move, and that it also now makes no sense for players to extend at all, since they can get more once they hit free agency (That'll help those small market teams keep their stars)...But what I'm curious about is...If a player signs a one year deal with a team, would the team have their Bird Rights that next offseason?

And if so...why haven't we seen this done yet?
you have to have 2 or 3 years with the same team. 2 years is early bird rights, 3 years is full bird rights. i don't know the difference between those two.

Reply to Thread New Thread