LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
KevinDonae

Default The Middle Path
I know that the middle path is an internal frame of mind but how does it relate to our external world? How can you be in balance in this modern society that seems very much imbalanced?

Old 06-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
jeargefef

I can only speak for my own way of living, but for me i find the middle way to be far away from parties or cities.
For me the middle way is to be aware of your surroundings and not be to passive or to aggressive to one way or the other.
As i have written in an other thread, i live in the moment, not in the past or future.

i dont know if this answer your question clearly but this is only my way to understand and live the middle way

The thinker

Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
polleroy

The question is open for interpretation, so yes its a great answer. Thank you.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
kKFB1BxX

I know that the middle path is an internal frame of mind but how does it relate to our external world? How can you be in balance in this modern society that seems very much imbalanced?
The way we relate to the external world and how it appears to us is very much connected to our own inner balance.

This is an 18 minute narration of a teaching from the late Ajahn Chah "The Middle Way Within" which is very helpful.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
horaAppagob

in respect to modern society, for me, the middle path is about lifestyle choice

most of us live in the modern world but this does not stop us taking from it merely what we need (rather than getting immersed in it)

Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
blenIgnigeSef

It was very helpful, thank you. I think I was making it way to complicated.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
TainuibeFaimb

Thank you for your response. Doesn't taking what we need some times lead to people suffering? For example, unfortunately, I need gas to get back and fourth to work. Gas has caused wars and destroys the environment. I don't know, maybe I'm just over thinking this.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
DoctorAlexandro

I think if you can see two or more sides to a question then you can negotiate a middle path between them, if you can only see one side of the issue then you can't reliably negotiate a middle path.

The middle path is about not seeing everything in black and whilte but seeing all the shades of grey as well.

Reply to Thread New Thread