LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
uwJzsM8t

Cold calling is a very effective means of getting sales for your company. The person who is calling must be very polite and patient. Most of the cold calls will be rejected by the customers. But you should give up and keep on trying to get sales.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
heennaRaf

Default Cold Calling
Well I have taken the plunge to do some cold calling and offer our router service to other signwriters that do not have this machine. It is a fear of mine to just call people up, I hope to get over it.

I have started with 4 calls a week and build that up to 10 a week. I think this amount is easy enough to manage and gauge a response.

At this stage I am only targeting signwriters. I also deliver interstate, currently have two clients in Melbourne who are very happy with our work.

How do others deal with cold calling potential clients?

Old 09-22-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
soipguibbom

There is a certain technique to successful cold calling as well.

For instance, a lot of receptionists will realise that you are cold calling and not let you through. eg. "such and such is in a meeting, Leave your number and they may call you back"

What you need to develop are ways to get around this.

eg. If you can find the name of the person you need to speak to you have more chance of getting through.

When you call don't state that you would like to talk to them about a potential business opportunity but about something more specific.

"Hello I would like to talk to regarding the lack of routing ability you currently have in your workshop."

It's subtle but it sounds less like a cold call and is more likely to be put through.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Flefebleaft

I'm with you, I normally don't like cold calling.

I just schedule in 30 minutes a day to make cold calls - Between 10am - 10:30am every day, regardless of what is happening.

I think if you build up a pattern like that, your body will automatically switch into "I feel no pain of rejection mode" between those time & the calls will be much easier.

Reply to Thread New Thread