LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Arrectiff

Default Massa, One year on
Lets put aside who was told to do what at the German Grand Prix.

How do we rate Massa's comeback from his injuries a year ago? Just as good, or not on his best form? It should be interesting next weekend when Massa revisits the Hungaroring for the first time.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
VewCoorkPow

How do we rate Massa's comeback from his injuries a year ago? Just as good, or not on his best form? It should be interesting next weekend when Massa revisits the Hungaroring for the first time.
Nice comeback - right track and he is be capable to win a race - as everyone could see in Germany.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
loginptsa

It's not been a great year for him. Alonso has done him 8-3 in qualifying (and that's including Monaco where Alonso didn't even take part in qualifying) and is comfortably ahead in the points.

Even in Germany, which was his best race of the season, he had some moments when he looked awful. Straight after the stop he couldn't find and apex with a GPS!

That said, I think he showed glimpses of the Massa of 2008 and 2009 in Germany. Once he got over the post-pitstop wobbles he nailed a string of fastest laps and looked like the driver who was untouchable when out in front.

I hope he doesn't let the events of Germany get to him and continues to get back on track. Ferrari need him to score highly and take points off Red Bull and McLaren if they are any hope of either title.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Narkeere

I think he has done well, and showed he has regained or continues to regain his confidence.

He's taken a knock though, so back to square one again?

Hope not, one of the nicest guys in F1.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
snova

Clearly driver of the race

Old 07-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
iqxdvjgmat

Alonso has done him 8-3 in qualifying.
But race after race Massa made a better start then Alonso. I'd like to see this 8-3 recalculated after the first corner of each race.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
Rurcextedutty

But race after race Massa made a better start then Alonso. I'd like to see this 8-3 recalculated after the first corner of each race.
Fact of the matter is that Massa still isn't good enough and Alonso is ahead in points.

Unfortunately, I think Massa is going to get dumped by Ferrari.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Narkeere

Massa got dumped on by Ferrari.
My interpretation. ^^^

Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
bestonline

Alonso has done him 8-3 in qualifying ....
And you could argue that they're tied on one race win each

The only statistic which really matters shows Alonso on 123 points compared to Massa's 85. Even allowing for the manipulated race Fernando is still ahead. Hockenheim was a great performance by Massa, but the simple fact is he's not quite in the same league as him team mate. Which makes the team orders even harder to stomach

Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
VonErmad4

Even in Germany, which was his best race of the season, he had some moments when he looked awful. Straight after the stop he couldn't find and apex with a GPS!
Still he was ahead of Alonso, strange isn't it?
In fact it is not strange at all because as many know Massa isn't hitting the apexes of the corners very often still he is very very fast. I guess it's just his own driving style, his way of being fast.

And qualifying doesn't win races, just ask Vettel.

Nothing to add.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
Andromino

I think Massa is going to get dumped by Ferrari.
Not a chance, he's a team player and took all the flak over the race fixing. He's got a job for life, or until he sees the light and moves teams.

Real shame, he looked really on it all weekend, a year after his accident, and I reckon his confidence is shot to pieces now. Wanted him to win but kind of knew it wasn't to be.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #12
HotDolly

Fact of the matter is that Massa still isn't good enough and Alonso is ahead in points.

Unfortunately, I think Massa is going to get dumped by Ferrari.
Like christophulus said, no chance of that happening, besides he's already signed up for next year.

Personally if I was Massa, during next year if a chance of another top drive came about, i'd jump at it

Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 AM   #13
lymnCymment

Why would Rubins want to leave Ferrari when he's got a great drive at Ferrari and is allowed to win the odd race when Schumy lets him

Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #14
HotDolly

Why would Rubins want to leave Ferrari when he's got a great drive at Ferrari and is allowed to win the odd race when Schumy lets him
Well there's that and there's being treated like a 2nd class driver while your team constantly coos and bows before their supposed "darling" leader. Its not the first time they've done it as we all know. Schumi-Barrichello obviously, and not many mention Mansell and Prost in Silverstone 1990 where Mansell announced his retirement from F1 I think out of frustration to being treated unequally since Prost's arrival.

Secretly I think staying at Ferrari as Schumacher's teammate for as long as he did is one of Rubinho's biggest regrets, a driver of his talent could have easily got a good drive elsewhere and won races.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #15
hitaEtela

I've never been a big Massa fan. But since his accident, I've actually been pulling for the little guy. I think he's done rather well - especially when you consider that he could just as well be six feet under right now. As far as I'm concerned, he won the German GP. So he's clearly capable of winning a race. But I don't see him winning a WDC unless Ferrari makes a truly superior car next year... and they let Felipe run fair & square against Alonso - which I do not see happening.

I never rated Felipe as a truly great driver. He's just never been consistent enough to be considered that, IMO. But he was very good before and I think he's still good now.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #16
JTS_tv

Massa has not been the same driver since the accident, that is clear. He is missing a little bit from his driving. Such a shame.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #17
enurneAcourdy

He's been decent this year, nothing more than that. I gained a lot of respect for him over the '08 and '09 seasons for showing up Raikkonen and challenging for the '08 title.

It's difficult to say whether the accident has affected his speed, and honestly, I think we won't know until next year. If he is still comparitively off the pace then we can conclude that the Hungary situation has maybe taken a couple of years of his career.

What we must all remember, is that one year ago today, many of us thought that Felipe would die, and to see what could have been the best sporting feelgood story of the year taken away, is what really hurts me inside about the whole Hockenheim debacle.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #18
retyopj

to see what could have been the best sporting feelgood story of the year taken away, is what really hurts me inside
somebody pass the tissues
(no, NOT gloomy's ones ! )

Old 07-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #19
enurneAcourdy

somebody pass the tissues
(no, NOT gloomy's ones ! )

Old 07-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #20
BJEugene

I lkie the guy, but he donīt have it easy this year.

He lacks his old confidence!

Reply to Thread New Thread