LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #21
vforvandetta

They call CVC, Bernie's bosses? LOL!!!

Bernie is like the bond market - mess with it at your peril and the value of the nation's currency will fall and rates will rise, punishing economic activity....etc

Secondly, these people have been privy to private documents? Oh yeah?!

This report sounds like something made up during the quiet mid-summer break by an idiot journalist who does not understand the rules of the financial road.

This sort of arrangement will NEVER fly, why?

Because anyone in business or finance will tell you dropping your price, not only slightly but a whopping amount will immediately devalue your product and significantly upset your existing clients.

CVC are not idiots. They are investment bankers and they understadn the bond market.

I think this report may or may not be correct on a return to Canada, but the details sound like a load of hogwash to me. And yes, I am an investment banker - been one for 20 years now.
Contracts with promoters of races that no one attends, In places few people have the means to travel to or countries people have no respect for, in markets few of the sponsors are conducting business, have no gate receipts to support their sanction fees, and no eyes on the tracks watching races. I think by your previous comments we can agree the current F1 schedule sucks. IMHO, His moves chasing countries willing to pay his ransome have already de-valued the product. Chasing so called EMERGING markets isn't working when noone can afford to attend the races. Time to go back where the fans are, while there still are any, while F1 still maintains any relevance to the people that do have the money.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #22
AlexBrith

Knowing Berie I will believe it when the race is back on the calender.
In the meantime Bags, are you going to the ALMS race at Mosport?
I'd love to , but I'm smack dab in the middle of building my house , pouring cement today for the slab .
I'll be a little busy for a while .

Maybe next year .

You going ?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #23
AntonayPina

Bags: Yes, my first pro race for about 20 years assuming I get my pass. Plan on 3 days.
If we ever get to a race at the same time I will show you a great restuarant in Lindsay, assuming you come across country and not down to the 401.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:38 AM   #24
AlexBrith

Bags: Yes, my first pro race for about 20 years assuming I get my pass. Plan on 3 days.
If we ever get to a race at the same time I will show you a great restuarant in Lindsay, assuming you come across country and not down to the 401.
Ah , from the other side of the bay , eh ?
I'll take you up on that some day , I hope .

Have a big old time at the race .

Stop in at Back Eddie's if you're ever in Paisley .

Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #25
AntonayPina

I might take a run over to visit old racing friends Stu and Sus Lamont in Hangover, oops Hanover. If I do will drop in.
We used to have some wild parties at their place on the Marl Lakes. Watched the huge Knectels fire during one party. Sus' parents owned the restuarant across the street from the fire.

Reply to Thread New Thread