LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Pinkman

I am looking for a Claro / Sky satellite dish....
I have seen several of those small dishes (red and grey) which were no longer connected.
It seems that some people do not renew their contract when it runs out. They may sell those dishes.

I for one have two used 6-footers; one needs some work, the other one is ready to be put in the sky...
They are good to capture 110, 118, 119 and even the Amazon sat.

donP

Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
yasmin

This year I'm seeing the red Claro dishes all over the areas west of the capital.

Question: Does Claro provide the dish as part of the contract, or do you have to buy it from them separately? If you have to buy it, how much is it?

Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Pinkman

Does Claro provide the dish as part of the contract...
As far as I know it comes with the contract at no extra charge.

donP

Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Pinkman

This year I'm seeing the red Claro dishes all over the areas west of the capital.
They are everywhere all over the country.
Many will be used as woks sooner or later....

donP

Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
tickerinet

What do you need to sign up. Thans

Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
tickerinet

What do you need to sign up. Thanks

Old 07-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Dertrioz

only one of you needs to sign up flopsy.....

I am looking for satellite internet service also.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
T5qYkHWQ

What channels do you get in HD, and are in Spanish or English?

Claro finally started tv service in my area of Santiago. I also opted for the plan Superior, with already existing Internet/ telephone service with them. It comes to about 3350 per month (this is a complete pkg. now) and that is including the taxes. I also ordered the HD package with is not available in a plan for 350 more. The HD channels are fantastic.......

One problem, my download speed was 1.5mbps and the HD channels froze up. After complaining to Claro, they increased my download speed to 3.0 (NO CHARGE) and now the HD is fine.
Nice to have doubled my download speed for free..........about time something worked out good......

B in Santiago

Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
dWSOj26H

No, it's alive and kicking.
No other system can give you more than 350 channels for the price of 3 beers per month...

donP
Can you recommend a site?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
dolaBeetCeage

@cobraboy - FTA still works through private servers...but so little time I have to watch TV, and most content (series, tv shows, etc.) can now be found online, plus Netflix latin america, plus all the other options to get US content from the Internet (CBC, ABC, Fox, cable channels, ESPN, etc.) like UnoTelly DNS or unblock-us, allow you to watch pretty much all the content you want at your convenience.

BTW did you know that "Netflix" is a global account? Your Netflix Latin America account works in Netflix USA (or Netflix Canada) at no additional charge when connecting to USA via VPN or DNS service like UnoTelly or UnblockUs.

My Dish has been misaligned over a year and I have not yet bothered to get it aligned again. Plus, so much less time for TV entertainment in general....

Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Pinkman

Whatever happened to FTA? History?
No, it's alive and kicking.
No other system can give you more than 350 channels for the price of 3 beers per month...

donP

Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
dolaBeetCeage

If you could give me the address or telephone number of a Satellite store it would be much appreciated.
The number is about 2 years old.
809-834-2006
his name is Carlos (Spanish only), tell him that you are "amigo de amigo de Gilberto" (friend of Gilberto's friend).

I also have a phone# for people that operate the private server but I cannot give it out, but if you are interested in FTA setup for DishNet I can get you an email address for these people....

Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
urbalatte

@cobraboy - FTA still works through private servers...but so little time I have to watch TV, and most content (series, tv shows, etc.) can now be found online, plus Netflix latin america, plus all the other options to get US content from the Internet (CBC, ABC, Fox, cable channels, ESPN, etc.) like UnoTelly DNS or unblock-us, allow you to watch pretty much all the content you want at your convenience.

BTW did you know that "Netflix" is a global account? Your Netflix Latin America account works in Netflix USA (or Netflix Canada) at no additional charge when connecting to USA via VPN or DNS service like UnoTelly or UnblockUs.

My Dish has been misaligned over a year and I have not yet bothered to get it aligned again. Plus, so much less time for TV entertainment in general....
Doing the private servers things means connecting your pirate box to the internet, for it to receive continuous updates to keep it up and running.

Myself, I threw in the towel, and decided to go with Claro(their installers are driving me nuts, however)

Claro is offering their "superior" cable package with internet/telephone service, for just a couple of pesos more than the internet/telephone service alone, so to me it seems to make sense.

The whole package runs less than 3000 pesos a month.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
DoterForeva

Myself, I threw in the towel, and decided to go with Claro.
Claro is offering their "superior" cable package with internet/telephone service, for just a couple of pesos more than the internet/telephone service alone, so to me it seems to make sense. The whole package runs less than 3000 pesos a month.
Claro finally started tv service in my area of Santiago. I also opted for the plan Superior, with already existing Internet/ telephone service with them. It comes to about 3350 per month (this is a complete pkg. now) and that is including the taxes. I also ordered the HD package with is not available in a plan for 350 more. The HD channels are fantastic.......

One problem, my download speed was 1.5mbps and the HD channels froze up. After complaining to Claro, they increased my download speed to 3.0 (NO CHARGE) and now the HD is fine.
Nice to have doubled my download speed for free..........about time something worked out good......

B in Santiago

Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #15
sesIgnose

If you could give me the address or telephone number of a Satellite store it would be much appreciated.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #16
Pinkman

Can you recommend a site?
I sent you a PM.

donP

Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #17
ZZipZZipe

Whatever happened to FTA? History?

Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #18
dolaBeetCeage

Do you need a dish or a service? If service, then just sign up with any Claro store, for Sky they have several dealers in all major cities. If Dish, then any satellite store could get you one there is at last some store within 1-hour drive to you but ask around because they don't advertise too much.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #19
sesIgnose

Default Sky/Claro Satellite Dish
Hi people I am looking for a Claro / Sky satellite dish, maybe someone might have one that they no longer require, or let me know where I can buy a new one.
Thank you in advance

Reply to Thread New Thread