LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
estheticianI

Default the reason google wave failed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYM-...layer_embedded

Google did not push this video in everyones face enough and tried to sell it with the "social media" tag

lets face it, we are all lazy bums and if something comes with the tag social media attached we ignore it and do not even try it

But now I stumble upon this video, inside a newsmessage about Google Wave closing, and I have to say this is kinda sexy and it certainly would be way more useful than buzz.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
petrarkaponye

I didn't even know what it was. Last I knew it was invite only, you say it's closing now though?

It looks pretty cool from the video.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Thifiadardivy

Ummm... that is so complicated that it makes my head hurt. When i was young, before google, we used to use pen and paper to wright things down and talk to each other face to face, it worked perfectly.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
OmqMZtkv

So how is it different to Skype chat?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
Kemapreedasse

All of it, did you not see the video?

I never used wave prime reasons being it was invite only and noone I knew had an invite, and I have no use for it (I bearly even use email). Does seem like a really good tool though. Google really needed to integrate with Gmail or one of their other services to really get it out there in the public.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
VEGLAS - SPB

The idea was it's collaborative, you can go back in and edit other peoples (or your own) post or comments or whatever they are. That was the only activity I saw on Google wave in 8 months someones wife went on and appended a witty comment to something someone had said about the Mr T cartoon series. That was all we'd used Wave for as well. Our manager had told us he wanted us to all sign up because it was some revolutionary new communication and productivity tool. We used it twice I think and one of those times was to bug him to let us go home early the day after thanksgiving.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Hbkj89D2

Ummm... that is so complicated that it makes my head hurt. When i was young, before google, we used to use pen and paper to wright things down and talk to each other face to face, it worked perfectly.
Don't pretend it's the most convenient way of doing things though.

As it was invite only, I never got one so could never give it a try. I bet lots of people were in the same situation.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
KongoSan

Well I registered but never understood its usefulness. So I never logged in to my account again.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Niobaralegra

I hate working with other people.

Reply to Thread New Thread