LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
GrolmangHat27

Default Islam as a danger
Bless Fathers, and greetings to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I wanted to ask a question on a sensitive topic, to garnish some opinions from different people. Regarding Islam, I myself feel justified in calling Islam, "evil". The problem faced with saying this, in our politically correct society is getting labeled a racist, bigot, Judeo-Christian supremacist etc. If the topic of "Is Islam evil?" brought up, or inadvertently mentioned that is your opinion, the first things heard are: Bigot!", "Racist!" "Zionist!", "How can you call all Muslims evil?", "Have you ever met a Muslim?", "Don't you think Muslims have are humans, too?" etc, etc, etc. Then often times the ranter will go on a rampage how Christians killed in the Crusades, etc, etc, etc. Although of course those Crusades were technically at first supposed to be aid for the Byzantine Empire, and later become the quest to get the Holy Lands....back...from the Muslims.

Anyhow, people lose sight of the issue being a religious matter rather than a demographic issue. Most sane people won't sit around saying all Muslims are evil, whilst it is true some are evil people: see Al-Qaeda for evidence in that field.

Being one of the few people that have actually read the Qur'an, suplementing that reading with that wonderful book, "The Sword Of The Prophet", I feel that what I read between those covers was evil in nature. The content of the religion, coupled with the bloody history and expansion of it thereby, make it seem like evil to me.

Modern day apologists for Islam have called it, “The Religion of Peace and Tolerance.” This however, to any savant of religion is an antithetical fact owing the words of the Qur’an. The Qur’an says that a Muslim should be merciless to the unbelievers, but kind to each other (Sura 48:29). The Qur'an also states that Muslims must slay the unbelievers wherever they are found (Sura 2:191). It explicitly states that the retribution of those who fight against Allah and His Messenger are: crucifixion, slaughter or the amputation of their limbs (Sura 5:33). The infidels are also to be “fettered in bonds and roasted in hell.” (Sura 69:30-37). True Muslims are not supposed to rest until this lifestyle, this Islam, reigns everywhere (Sura 2:193).

To say radical Muslims (i.e. terrorists) are not representative of the whole religion is irresponsible and naive, in my opinion and reading. In fact, these radicals seem to be representative of true Islam and what it truly stands for. All other Muslims are really moderates, and not truly adherent to their faith. Muslims, as a people, and individually are not the ones to be judged. It is the Islamic religion and all that it symbolizes: death, hate, destruction, religious bigotry and the intolerance of all other people (even intolerance of its own women. St. John of Damascus (an Arab himself), suitably called them “Mutilators of God,” and called their teachings, “ridiculous, nonsense and stupid.”

( Fount Of Knowledge: Part 2: “Concerning Heresies” http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx )

I would like to hear what others feel on this and what other patristic sources people have regarding Islam being "evil".

Additionally, on another sensitive topic, does anyone feel that the building of the "Cordoba House" is insulting to Americans, the people who died, and the Orthodox community who haven't been able to rebuild nine years later?

Thanks all, Yours in Christ.