LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #21
arriftell

So you're good for Pulaski, Tn. original home of the KKK then?

Its outside the red zone a bit.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #22
viawbambutt

Wester Colorado, Grand Junction

nice climate, not crowded, etc

Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #23
PaulCameron

I would like to move to NH. Because of the Free State Project, there are a lot of Libertarians and like-minded people there. We're considering Concord or Manchester. I think if SHTF, it would be helpful to be around people like us. It is a goal, maybe in the spring.

I know you said you don't like harsh winters, but to me it makes the most sense.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #24
slimsex

Svalbard seems like a rather nice place.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #25
Beedcardabeme

Sheridan , WY

Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #26
bF8CCmmr

Now that it was mentioned it reminds me of why I love AZ so much, not many natural disasters, no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. Fires are the biggest concern up north.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #27
TOOGUEITEME

Long winters, but Northwest Montana and Northern Idaho are great areas. Ozarks Southern Missouri has reasonably priced country homesteads, but lots of snakes and stinging biting insects, good retirement on a budget.

Here is the view from my front door in Montana:

Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #28
abossakon

Now that it was mentioned it reminds me of why I love AZ so much, not many natural disasters, no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. Fires are the biggest concern up north.
Yesterday I returned from a week of scouting real estate and mountain biking the Verde Valley and Mogollon Rim. I checked out the Prescott area, then on to Jerome(for touristy biz ideas), Cottonwood, Camp Verde and surrounding communities, Sedona which is not on the list but the Village of Oak Creek is, then on to Flag, and then Williams. I even went up in the air to check out Camp Verde. I had to be at work today and am on call this weekend or I'd still be out there. I noticed that the Coconino Forest is being thinned dramaticaly for fuel reduction while out on a ride so hopefully Flag dodges a bullet this fire season. I went yard sailing along the way too and picked up several scores to add to the collection or flip.

Reply to Thread New Thread