LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
EsAllCams

Default Dean of Admissions Lied on Resume
kinda sad...

Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #2
DrKirkNoliss

Originally posted by SlowwHand
The fact that she progressed through the system was based on merit, not on a forged resume. QFT.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
secondmertg

The fact that she progressed through the system was based on merit, not on a forged resume.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
Zenunlild

Degrees and Diplomas

That woman

Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 AM   #5
chuecafressds

But there is no way should could keep that job.

I disagree, sort of. I think she should be offered her job back, and she should respectfully decline. A show of her contributions, but a repremand for her past actions. She obviously did a good job, and that shouldn't be taken from her, unless you think that MIT has produced some idiots over the pass 10-20 years.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
Poreponko

Originally posted by Japher

I disagree, sort of. I think she should be offered her job back, and she should respectfully decline. A show of her contributions, but a repremand for her past actions. She obviously did a good job, and that shouldn't be taken from her, unless you think that MIT has produced some idiots over the pass 10-20 years. It's not a reprimand, if they offer her job back. Allowing to resign, allows her to leave with dignity. However, this is a case of the ends not justifying the means. By letting her stay, it opens the door for others to say, "I lied on my resume, but I had full-intention of doing a job. Is that so wrong?" Cheating can not be tolerated.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
sanddrareyk

I think 28 years of service outweighs a mistake of this nature, by a large margin.

Not in her job.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #8
expomeHattePe

She was in charge of applications yet she lied on one herself. That's ridiculous to think you can keep someone like that on.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #9
maxtp

The fact that she progressed through the system was based on merit, not on a forged resume.
Nor did she try to hide what she did or pretend it was not wrong. She confessed what she did and that it was wrong and made no exscuses.

All things considered, I think she should of kept her job. What more could you want from such a position besides personal responsibility and competance? She clearly has both despite a deception 30 years ago.

I'd hire this woman, if I were an employer.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
Trercakaressy

I can hear the parents now:

"My daughter graduated valedictorian from Harvard with dual degrees in Physics and Political Science. Why wasn't she accepted into MIT?"

"Because she lied on her application. She's 18, and graduated 5th in her class at an Alabama highschool."

"So? You're Dean of Admissions lied about her degrees. It's just like my daughter, whose degrees aren't needed to enter MIT's undergraduate program."

Reply to Thread New Thread