LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
esconsise

Default Strong pain killers over the counter.
Better late than never, but I seem to remember a thread about buying very strong pain killers over the counter and not having much luck. I have found a great pain killer from Panalab called AxaForte codeine/diclofenac. I'd searched for a long long time for something as strong as this and found them very very good for my back. They are 52pesos per pill and so not cheap but well worth it if you have bad pain. So just a headsup for those looking those months ago.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
AcecePesFeacy

Wow, 30 of those are gonna cost you 1560rd.....ummmmm

SHALENA

Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
vipbunter

Here you go: Psych Meds (Seroquel)

Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
esconsise

Here you go: Psych Meds (Seroquel)
good memory!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Machater

OXA forte, actually. very good.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
esconsise

OXA forte, actually. very good.
Yeh, they've been doing the job for my back, nice to have a bit of relief for a change. I am unsure why I have not been pointed in this direction before. Any idea of other similar, just to have as back up as not all chemists have these.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Machater

i do not think there is anything else just like this but you can try celecoxib (compound). panlab makes that too, under the name COXAL. ethical makes IMPEDIL and eurolab makes CELECO. those are just few examples. the price is about 50 pesos a pill (depends on a lab and the strength, 200 or 400mg).
another good thing is a combination of tramadol and paracetamol (acetaminophen). made by nearly all labs. sued makes excellent DUPLODOL (45 pesos), rowe makes TOLMUS (about 50 pesos). also sold under name tramacet, zaldiar, dolmus.
and there is dexketoprofeno - sold here as enantynum or quiralam (80 pesos a pill). works slowly bul surely.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
OlgaBorovikovva

Better late than never, but I seem to remember a thread about buying very strong pain killers over the counter and not having much luck. I have found a great pain killer from Panalab called AxaForte codeine/diclofenac. I'd searched for a long long time for something as strong as this and found them very very good for my back. They are 52pesos per pill and so not cheap but well worth it if you have bad pain. So just a headsup for those looking those months ago.
Isn't that just Codeine with Tylenol?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
GSgCGxsF

Thank you for this timely information! My father is visiting now and has chronic back problems from an accident years ago in the military. He normally takes oxycodone (sp?) when he needs it but he did not bring it with him this trip. He pulled his back playing with the grandkids the other day and when we asked for a refill of his medicine the pharmacist acted like we were some junkies or something. I will get some Oxaforte asap. What is the dosage for Oxaforte for a 200lb otherwise healthy man (dv8 maybe would know)? Thanks again for this info.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
esconsise

The ones I have are 50/50 so I presume this means 50mg of each, codeine, diclofenec, but I cant be sure. I took 2 first time and it was a little bit much unless your getting into bed, my eyes were dropping and I felt the need to go home. So 1 pill should be enough. DV8 should know for sure though.
Good luck.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 AM   #11
VanDerSmok

I remember when i was in need for pain killers and someone told me about oxa forte, Sadly i couldnt use them because of this diclofenac chems they have in them. Very painful allergic reaction in my stomach when it comes to the ratpoison named diclofenac.

So beware before you consume oxa forte.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #12
OlgaBorovikovva

I remember when i was in need for pain killers and someone told me about oxa forte, Sadly i couldn't use them because of this diclofenac chems they have in them. Very painful allergic reaction in my stomach when it comes to the ratpoison named diclofenac.

So beware before you consume oxa forte.
From my "post surgical" experience, diclofenac (according to wiki) is just an NSAID, maybe as typical in many people the NSAID ate a hole in your stomach or even more likely you reacted to the codeine as many people are allergic to codeine

I just can't see this as being a "strong" pain reliever, about a Tylenol #3, certainly the guy used to Oxycocdne is going to think it's a breath mint

From someone "hooked" on Hydrocodone for about 3 months post surgery for rotator cuff

Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #13
VanDerSmok

When we see this "hole" in the Dominican medical system, then someone should be able to make some serious money managing to importing heavy pain killer medicine to the RD.

They would have me for customer.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #14
esconsise

I was on oxycodone, infact addicted for over a year and have now experienced both, thy are a powerful pain killer, it is a surprise how strong they are. And i was taking 180mg (oxycodone) a day at one time so I had serious amounts of experience with the stuff. Nothing better over the counter (axaforte) in my long search, hence my headsup!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #15
OlgaBorovikovva

I was on oxycodone, infact addicted for over a year and have now experienced both, thy are a powerful pain killer, it is a surprise how strong they are. And i was taking 180mg (oxycodone) a day at one time so I had serious amounts of experience with the stuff. Nothing better over the counter (axaforte) in my long search, hence my headsup!
Didn't mean ot be obtrusive, what works for one .....just my experience, codeine gave me weird "itchy" feeling and need for massive amounts of liquid or other problems ensued

Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #16
AcecePesFeacy

From my "post surgical" experience, diclofenac (according to wiki) is just an NSAID, maybe as typical in many people the NSAID ate a hole in your stomach or even more likely you reacted to the codeine as many people are allergic to codeine

I just can't see this as being a "strong" pain reliever, about a Tylenol #3, certainly the guy used to Oxycocdne is going to think it's a breath mint

From someone "hooked" on Hydrocodone for about 3 months post surgery for rotator cuff
I've scrubbed in a rotator cuff surgery, that sh*t is no joke.....

SHALENA

Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 AM   #17
esconsise

Didn't mean ot be obtrusive, what works for one .....just my experience, codeine gave me weird "itchy" feeling and need for massive amounts of liquid or other problems ensued
Actually I get that with this new stuff as well as getting it before with the oxycodone, legs very itchy and I keep brushing imaginary webs from my face. But the alternative is so nasty at times it is worth it. I remember the withdrawals if I went half a day without the oxycodone would be terrible, often scratched the skin from the tops of my feet and shins. Serious stuff, this new find is similar yet much milder in terms of side effects.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:24 AM   #18
OlgaBorovikovva

I've scrubbed in a rotator cuff surgery, that sh*t is no joke.....

SHALENA
Lots of pieces to try and figure out where they belong in the surgery but the rehab truly stinks

Nasty inflammation so I found "Vitamin A" (Advil) often worked as well as the hydrocodone but unfortunately one gets to "like" the Hydrocdone and then it is time to stop taking it immediately

Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
AcecePesFeacy

Lots of pieces to try and figure out where they belong in the surgery but the rehab truly stinks

Nasty inflammation so I found "Vitamin A" (Advil) often worked as well as the hydrocodone but unfortunately one gets to "like" the Hydrocdone and then it is time to stop taking it immediately
Wow, whatever happened to "tapering"?? They don't do that anymore??

SHALENA

Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 AM   #20
Machater

okey, oxa forte is codeine with diclofenac. fairly strong but nowhere near the real stuff like vicodin. both compounds may cause unpleasant gastric reacion. it is usually recommended to take something to protect the stomach: omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole. espomeprazol is probably the best choice, one pill of 40mg in the morning will sort you out for a whole day.
as far as the dosage of oxa forte - you should really consult a doctor. i would say one pill twice a day and no more than 4 pills within 24 hours but only a doctor can set an appropriate dosis.

the beauty of DR is that one can self medicate without a problem but please do be careful, know your limits and do consult a doctor if you are in any doubt.

Reply to Thread New Thread