LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #21
cauddyVab

Quote:

Old 04-09-2011, 01:02 AM   #22
preptarra

Well. I'd have to say that, generally speaking, it's not cheating, but not permissible.

That said, there are always exceptions. I know that I have some pretty funky VERY FUN friends who I"ve known since I was about 10 years old and I wouldn't have minded a little dance floor bump and grind btw my ex and some of these friends. BUT THESE FRIENDS ONLY.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
idobestbuyonlinepp

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
preptarra

look. my response is what it is. IT isn't going to change. I don't think it's cheating, but I do think it is not okay. Do I need to repeat - it is not okay.

And please don't put words in my mouth. I did NOT say that I would do that on the dance floor and don't suggest I did. I said that while I do not think it is okay, there are exceptions and I provided a VERY specific excepetion: if my ex had done the bump and grind on the dance floor with a PARTICULAR friend(s), I would not have minded. Do not generalize my comments, which were VERY specific to my ex and a particular friend. ANd note -- not about what I would do.

I would NOT hurt a SO by doing that. period. And you KNOW that, Muffin.

KitKat

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #25
idobestbuyonlinepp

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
idobestbuyonlinepp

And I likes ya Kit. I'm just in a really cantankerous mood here lately, and really don't like the tales of bumping and grinding as its a sore spot with me.

I broke up with a girl long ago right there in a club because she thought she was doing nothing wrong by acting like she was being screwed from behind.

I walked on the flloor where she was, both her and the guy saw me. the guy knew then and there he was acting like he was screwing my girlfriend, so he backed away.

I just turned around, went to grab my coat and headed for the door. she chased me down all upset that I was leaving for good and I told he she was right.

She said, "its just dancing, it doesn't mean anything to me". I said, "you were pretending to get screwed by a guy doggie style, it means something to me....now you no longer do." and left.

ignored her calls to try to make up. she just didn't get it.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #27
preptarra

Why are you misquoting me by cutting off the relevant part of my sentence3. I said btw my ex and my friend. NOT ME and someone. I NEVER said I would grind with certain guy friends. AND NOTE - I have NEVER Grinded on a dance floor in MY ENTIRE LIFE. PERIOD.

I have done some pretty hot salsa dancing though! weeeeeee. And WITH my date.

GRRRRR

!!!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #28
preptarra

Muffin - are you purposely misrepresneting my quote to reflect something different or what?

See below. Clearly says I wouldn't have minded a little dance floor bump and grind btw MY EX AND SOME OF THESE FRIENDS. What's up? I did NOT say I would bump and grind anybody! why are you saying I did? I don't get it, Muffin. I never spoke, in my original post. about what I would do. I just honestly said that it would not have bothered me if my ex had done it with a particular friend. period.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #29
preptarra

And what happened to you sucks. And as I said, I don't think it's okay. I truly don't. She disrespected you and it was unkind.

I wouldn't date a male version of her.

That said, I stand by my original post. I have one friend in particular who will bump and grind her way across a dance floor and, truthfully, I could care less if she did that with a guy I was dating. I"m very secure about her intentions AND I would assess my partner's reaction. Clearly he could react in a manner I found unfavourable. But if he smiled..danced a bit and that was it, i wouldn't care WITH THAT FRIEND (or another friend in the same circle).

KitKat

PS. I"m in a bad mood also. My friend passed away this week and my grandfather died yesterday. So perhaps I'm going on a bit, but I hate that you misrepresented what I said. I like you and it doesn't feel good to have you misquoting me.

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #30
BariGrootrego

I am sorry you both are having a hard time. You both are good people who are dealing with a lot. I feel both of your pain. Things aren't peaches and cream over here either. Be kind to each other. I need you both here to pick up my slack KK I am sorry for your loss. Muff you always got a piece of my heart. Go easy on each other.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #31
preptarra

white flag raised

I do like ya, Muff.

Thanks, Bree. I"m just having a tough week. bah. I"m sorry you're getting hit with the bad, also.

KitKat

Old 08-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #32
RafaelYV

Muffinman,

No cheating here, married 30 yrs.

You can dance
Ev'ry dance with the guy
Who gives you the eye
Let him hold you tight
You can smile
Ev'ry smile for the man who held your hand
'Neath the pale moonlight