LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
bestgenpower

Default Another example of why you handle your business and don't call 911
For your own safety people, don't call the fucking cops. Don't get me wrong, not all cops are idiots, but it seems the majority are and they can't distinguish between good and evil serfs.

Calif. Police Respond to Woman’s 911 Call…And Then Accidentally Shoot Her

• Posted on August 21, 2012 at 10:49am by Erica Ritz
  • Print »
  • Email »

San Diego police are under close scrutiny after accidentally shooting a homeowner who called 911 after allegedly seeing a man in a ski mask prowling the neighborhood. While searching for the man, police entered the backyard of the woman’s home, San Diego County sheriff’s homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit explained. There, they made contact with the homeowner and, horrifyingly, shot her.
While police say Jennifer Orey was struck in the arm, her family maintains otherwise.
“You know what, you guys need to get your story straight,” Dennis Morgan, the woman’s father, admonished. “She wasn’t shot in the arm she was shot in the chest.”
Her sister-in-law added: “Part of a bullet ricocheted off and hit her in the pinky, and they also had to do a little bit of repair to her pinky as well.”
Orey successfully underwent surgery Monday, and is expected to be okay.
Fox5 has more information:
10News has more information on the unusual shooting:[San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore] said the deputies thought Orey’s open gate looked suspicious, so they went into her backyard. The deputies ran into Orey, and one of them had a “spontaneous reaction.”
Authorities said they did not know exactly what prompted the shooting. They said the woman did not have anything in her hands and was not armed at the time.
Morgan said Orey told him she heard something in her backyard so she went to check it out.

“She saw a flashlight and identified herself as the homeowner and he shot her,” said Orey’s father, Dennis Morgan.
Orey told relatives the deputy told her to lay on her back until paramedics arrived.
Her father said Orey was the first woman accepted in the Navy’s Air and Sea Rescue team and she knew if she stayed on her back she would die, so she turned on her side and waited.
Morgan said he believes the sheriff’s department is downplaying the shooting. “I told them I’m really pissed off,” he said. “I’m pissed off as hell. A cop could have very easily killed my daughter.”
Before she was rushed to the hospital, Orey had one question for the deputy. “After he shot her, she looked at him and said, ‘Why did you shoot me?’” said Morgan. [Emphasis added]Apparently the officers never responded, and the matter is under investigation.

LINK to the video.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cali...lly-shoot-her/

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
borasolit

Guess why people call the Cops? Because they have GUNS.

Get rid of the idiotic middle man revenue generating GOON and arm yourself.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
eropiereetuekm

Call 911... and die.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Phighicle

Apparently the officers never responded, and the matter is under investigation.
The problem with these investigations, and it is across the board, is that the investigations are not made public. They are handled by internal affairs.

They will probably spend thousands of man hours investigating this, all on the tax payer's dime, and the conclusion they will reach is simply "ooops" Human error. Now, this cop will get paid time on the beach, also funded by us....and then there's the lawsuit to pay for as well.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
EliteFranceska

The problem with these investigations, and it is across the board, is that the investigations are not made public. They are handled by internal affairs.

They will probably spend thousands of man hours investigating this, all on the tax payer's dime, and the conclusion they will reach is simply "ooops" Human error. Now, this cop will get paid time on the beach, also funded by us....and then there's the lawsuit to pay for as well.
And still some people wonder why others don't like cops.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Phighicle

And still some people wonder why others don't like cops.
Well, I can definitely see why some folks don't like that particular cop.

The problem isn't just the cops, it's the way the system is designed. The way the investigations are handled. You have cops investigating other cops, everything is hidden from the public, and only comes to light when there's an expensive lawsuit.

The investigations need to be handled by the people, the public, not sworn officers. A third party. A checks and balances system in place, with accountability.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
BlackBird

The problem isn't just the cops, it's the way the system is designed. The way the investigations are handled. You have cops investigating other cops, everything is hidden from the public, and only comes to light when there's an expensive lawsuit.

The investigations need to be handled by the people, the public, not sworn officers. A third party. A checks and balances system in place, with accountability.
This I do agree with, a non bias, non badge wearing third party.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
EliteFranceska

You're right.

The System is to blame, but cops are just cogs in the machine, without which the machine could not function in its current form.

Statists investigating other statists just leads to more Statism!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
Goooooblin

it's the way the system is designed. The problem is that cops 'go along to get along' as in their career depends upon it. Don't back up your 'brother' officer in bad behavior or a lie and you routinely don't get back-up.

I've a very good friend of 17 years who applied for and attended a local police academy. He's part owner of a gun shop frequented by cops and they encouraged him over a course of years to become a cop. After talking to some old-timer, retired cops who clued him into what all cops routinely do 'at the end of the day' he decided against becoming a cop entirely. He advised me of this over the phone in a setting where he couldn't fully elaborate and in the near future I'm going to go visit him and get all the details he couldn't go into at the time. I will post 'em when I have 'em, but this sounds exactly like the sort of cop nonsense I'm already familiar with.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
Phighicle

After talking to some old-timer, retired cops who clued him into what all cops routinely do 'at the end of the day' he decided against becoming a cop entirely. He advised me of this over the phone in a setting where he couldn't fully elaborate and in the near future I'm going to go visit him and get all the details he couldn't go into at the time. I will post 'em when I have 'em, but this sounds exactly like the sort of cop nonsense I'm already familiar with.
You have me very curious midnight, hope you post the details when you have them.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #11
Loxaeed

I hope she sues their asses for millions.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
gugamotina

I wonder how much of this is 100 monkeys with typewriters syndrome?

Why is the woman in her back yard at night in the dark lurking around in a surprise scenario if she's scared silly of some guy out there in a mask?

Something is missing from this story.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
M1iFiNmC

Article says she heard noises in her back yard and went to check.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
Unonounaple

Article says she heard noises in her back yard and went to check.
She should have brought her gun.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #15
Thorwaywhobia

my guess is, police departments are a lot like defense contractors.

most large defense contractors have "ethics hotlines", management talks about how important ethics is, etc. etc.

HOWEVER, when push comes to shove, the 'ethics hotline' and the 'open door policy' (of upper management) are used to bury investigations, i.e. to facilitate fraud.

i would bet money that most police departments work about the same way. the "Internal Affairs" mechanism that we see depicted in TV cop shows like "The Closer" is used to protect sacred cows, etc.

for example, who would i rather bump heads with ?

A/ a couple of meth-heads, with guns, who cruise by looking for stuff to steal at 3 AM.

B/ a couple of piggy donut heads, with guns and tasers, who cruise by if i'm dumb enough to call 9-11 at 3 AM.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
evarekataVame

i will pick A , they will be easer to deal with

Reply to Thread New Thread