LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
Jesslovers

Fu**! I've never seen anything like that! What did he hit? all I see is grass everywhere.
Only 391 more to go!

Old 11-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
animilius

Those pictures are truly sad, both for the driver and car.
There were at least 400 Enzos made- the 400th one was given to the Pope (And recently showed on Fifth Gear )

Old 12-12-2005, 04:54 AM   #3
itititit

didn't know they delivered the enzo in iceland
probably the only enzo in the whole country

Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
orbidewa

do the ones shown at autoshows count in the 401? cuz i remember them showing a blue one and i dont think it was available in that color.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
orbidewa

Quote, originally posted by ...DamagedProphet... »Enzo always said "you make one less than the market desires."
which is probably why they did that, cuz the car was made to commemorate enzo.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
nryFBa9i

they shouldve made 400.
399 is a odd number.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
Sowsunese

Quote, originally posted by FerrariSheppy36 »hooooooooooly sh!t!!!!!! people who drive like that shouldn't be allowed to own cars like the enzo
What? Fast? So people who drive fast shouldn't be allowed to drive the Enzo, huh? So people who always coasts along a 60mph should drive the Enzo.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
Vemnagelignc

Quote, originally posted by comrade »..What did he hit?..
My boss says the car had just left the Enzo Ferrari reunion in downtown Maranello ( http://img462.imageshack.us/im...n.jpg ) & was cruising in the outskirts at the speed of at least 200kmh through a bend and blindly shunted into a tail of an MPV and flipped into the air with its profile colliding into the corner of a concrete house-wall cutting it in half, instantly killing the driver....this information is unconfirmed, i think it was embellished a bit, sounds too much like a movie crash, im trying to find out what really happened

Just for the record ive compiled all Enzo Ferrari crashes in the past 3 & a half years:

The 1st crash i couldnt find a photo of, but I know it happened in Blackpool in mid 2003, the Enzo lost control in the motorway, jumped off a ramp & landed onto a construction site onto a mountain of sand

The 2nd crash happened in Tampa, it was being driven by the owners son, crashed head-on into a gate, even though the front-end was completely totaled, the custom fitted luggage in the trunk surprisingly survived without any scratches in its nappa surface..which was wierd..

The 3rd crash happened in Texas, was going 70 over the limit, it shunted a curb after going around a blind corner and shunted into a large tree, engine caught on fire melting the whole entire car, driver got out untouched

The 4th crash happened in Hampshire, driver lost control when he was trying to overtake a bus

The 5th crash i dont have a photo of, racing accident in Gumball 3000, entire back-end body panels destroyed

The 6th mishap happened in Iceland, dont have photo, the owner took it for a cruise in a remote part of the island to avoid speeding tickets. The car suddenly sustained major electrical problems and burned internally. The owner then called for a helicopter to pick him up in the middle of nowhere and abandoned the car, Iceland police found it days later

The 7th crash happened in San Diego, dont have photo, the owner parked the Enzo in a disabled spot and was shunted by the car trying to park next to it, major damage in the side panels

Quote, originally posted by comrade »..Only 391 more to go! ..

Old 02-22-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
Vemnagelignc

As of February 20, 2006, this is the 9th official totaled Ferrari Enzo Ferrari, it was street racing at 200+mph alongside a black Mclaren SLR, shunted into a telephone pole, driver was under the influence (unconfirmed), all occupants came out unharmed aside from minor airbag injuries. 394 to go

Quote »A driver lost control of a Ferrari sports car traveling 120 mph along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu this morning, slamming into a power pole that cut the car  which sells for up to $1 million  in half, according to authorities.
One man suffered minor injuries. He was identified as Stefan Erikssen, of Bel-Air, said Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The sports car went airborne and struck a power pole 5 to 10 feet off the ground, Brooks said. The car was demolished, but two air bags deployed.
"You pay a million bucks for a car, you expect safety," Brooks said.
Investigators said they believe the driver was alone in the car and was engaged in a street race at the time of the accident. Erikssen told them the driver of the car fled on foot, but a search turned up no one, Brooks said.
The crash took place about 6:15 a.m. near Decker Canyon Road, an exclusive area of multimillion-dollar estates overlooking the Pacific in west Malibu, near Leo Carrillo State Beach.
The car  reportedly a Ferrari Enzo worth between $600,000 and $1million  has a top speed of more than 200 mph.
Traffic on PCH was disrupted this morning during the investigation of the incident.
Brooks said the area is not known for street racing.
"We get some speed violations, but nothing over 70 mph," Brooks said.
Videos:
http://www.latimes.com/news/lo...lines
http://video.ktla.com/global/v...92975
http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx...BA4AJ
TheLATimes

Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 AM   #10
orbidewa

the way the crash happened and how it crashed 10ft in the air is the cool part. the part that it was an enzo makes me cringe.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:42 AM   #11
SusanSazzios

so was it racing alone or with an SLR?

Old 02-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #12
orbidewa

racing against an slr, while he was intoxicated. in an enzo.dumb@$$.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #13
invest7manager

Quote, originally posted by Top Secret »
What? Fast? So people who drive fast shouldn't be allowed to drive the Enzo, huh? So people who always coasts along a 60mph should drive the Enzo.
Yes and no. Yes, because if you don't have the experience, then you shouldn't be driving an Enzo fast, or at all for that matter. No, because if you DO have the experience, tear up the road and bring on the cops

Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 AM   #14
Donlupedron

God, it's been a rough day. I wake up this morning and find out my Enzo's gone... now this?!?!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 AM   #15
XinordiX

Amazing. A buddy of mine woke me up to tell me about it as he was stuck at the scene this morning. He said the cops couldn't find anyone involved at first -- no passenger or driver -- so they figured the body was thrown out and reported it as a fatality. They began a full search of the area, closing down all traffic, until someone noticed this idiot with a fat lip and a blood stain on his shirt watching.
Turns out it's Stefan Erikssen, one of the Gizmondo gaming execs that made a very shady windfall by bleeding the company dry. He ended up resigning after the papers reported his Swedish mafia ties and an early 90's conviction for counterfeiting late last year. They went into receivership last month. That and his .09 BAC means he had this coming!
Question is, who was driving the McLaren? Seems the odds of it being some celeb are pretty good...

Old 02-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
Heacechig

The SLR has traction control.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #17
KacypeJeope

How hard will it be to find a black mclaren? all you do is look around the area and check for registered mclarens, black in colour.
I am sure if they check into this, they would the black slr.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #18
XinordiX

Oh, they'll find the SLR & driver. Only so many around (but this is LA so a lot more than you'd think) and I'm sure anonymous party-goers will be hard-pressed to contain the gossip...
People, let this be a lesson to us all: Doesn't matter how fast your car is, or how rich you are, public roads are NOT racetracks and you WILL be spanked. Same with drinking and driving too -- You have to be a complete moron to do it in this day and age. Cheers to Steffan for the double whammy!

Old 02-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
HilaryNidierer

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymo...75409
lol.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #20
Donlupedron

And people are bidding...classic.

Reply to Thread New Thread