LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
arry J

Default rtunate accident and injury sustained by Carey Price. Prices Mont
SANTA CLARA, Calif. Cory Spangenberg Jersey . - Aldon Smith wore a big grin beneath his facemask, even when linebackers coach Jim Leavitt good-naturedly let him have it after the ball didnt wind up in his hands during one drill.Aldon! You wont be able to sleep tonight! Leavitt hollered as Aaron Lynch patted his teammate on the helmet.At his best, Smith is one of the NFLs most menacing sack masters who instil fear into opposing quarterbacks.After nine games on the sideline and 14 missed the past two seasons, its unclear how long it might take for the San Francisco star to regain his fearsome top form on one of the leagues stingiest defences.Smith believes he will be back doing his thing in a hurry following a nine-game suspension by the league for violations of the NFLs substance-abuse and personal-conduct policies.You keep hearing your name, youre like Oh, man, obviously Im missed out there, Smith said. It just put that much more in my drive when I was preparing, whether if it was with my working out or whatever I was doing to mentally be prepared to come back. Its just something I put in the back of my head.Smith is set to make his 2014 debut Sunday at the New York Giants in some capacity, though even coach Jim Harbaugh is unsure exactly what the linebacker will bring.Thats a good question. He did participate in training camp 11 weeks ago, Harbaugh said Wednesday. I would refer back to last year, he missed five weeks and was able to come back and play snaps his first week back. So, good question. Well see, take it day by day.The addition of Smith means a lot during a tough week when linebacker Patrick Willis was lost for the season to an injured left toe that will require surgery.Smith has been attending meetings and working out at team headquarters, but wasnt allowed to practice during his suspension.The Giants are preparing for Smith to make plays.We know that he has been in the building and worked in the conditioning area. I would expect hes a player who has been in on all the meetings and conditioned himself very, very well, Giants coach Tom Coughlin said.Im sure that theyre just not going to throw him out there in his first game back, but I would imagine that he would have a fixed amount of plays and he may very well be in there as part of the third-down package.Smith is enjoying all of the little things about being part of a team again including his high-energy position coach, Leavitt.Geez, you guys look good! Our numbers are growing, Leavitt cheered. Quick feet, Aldon!Quarterback Colin Kaepernick looked forward to seeing No. 99 across the way on the practice field, and in uniform come Sunday.A big lift. Hes a freak of nature on the field, Kaepernick said. Hes a huge component to our defence, so very happy to have him back.The 25-year-old Smith, one of the NFLs top pass rushers, last fall underwent treatment at an inpatient facility following his DUI arrest on Sept. 20, 2013. Last November, he pleaded not guilty to three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a June 2012 party at his home.In the spring, the 49ers picked up his 2015 contract option despite his legal troubles. Smith was arrested April 13 at Los Angeles International Airport. Police said Smith was randomly selected for a secondary screening and became unco-operative with the process, telling a TSA agent that he had a bomb. No charges were filed.Theres the joy of being around the team and training and meeting and you miss the joy of practice, Harbaugh said.Linebacker Michael Wilhoite figures Smith is ready to wreak havoc.Hes been here but hes been quiet. Hes done what he needs to do and goes home, Wilhoite said. When you take nine games away from a guy, thats like taking away your job for nine of the 12 months.Smith has enjoyed doing community service and spending time with family and his young son.For those wondering whether he can stay on the right path now, Smith plans to do his part to earn back the trust of his teammates, coaches and fans.Im not going to sit here and give you some crazy answer, Smith said. Time will show.Notes: LB NaVorro Bowman was scheduled for an MRI on his surgically repaired left knee to better determine whether he will soon return to practice and perhaps play down the stretch this season.___AP freelance writer Rick Eymer contributed to this report.___AP NFL websites: Pro32: Head to Head | Professional football news from the Associated Press and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Trevor Cahill Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE Colts by 5RECORD VS. SPREAD Cincinnati 8-8, Indianapolis 11-5SERIES RECORD Colts lead 18-10LAST MEETING Colts beat Bengals 27-0, Oct. Jered Weaver Jersey .Y. - His opponent couldnt stop him, and LeBron James didnt quite know what to think when his coach tried. Authentic Ozzie Smith Jersey | Women's Padres Ozzie Smith Cool Base Jerseys . Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17 games at the Friendly Confines.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Kerry, Thanks to you and TSN for providing us NHL fans with this fabulous column! Now - I was hoping you could comment on the Chris Kreider net crash on Carey Price in Game 1. Initially, everyone (including Michel Therrien and Brandon Prust) labeled it as a hockey play with an unfortunate outcome. Days later, they began laying blame once Prices availability was lost. Now Im NOT asking whether the refs erred on the call. Im simply interested on your call or take on the incident. If you were still working in the NHL, how would you have called it? CMon Ref! (corny, but couldnt resist - LOL). Thanks,TerekWhistler, BC Terek: Injuries are an unfortunate byproduct of the job and a risk that every player willingly assumes. When an injury is sustained, its not only very disappointing for the player to deal with but when it involves a key player such as Carey Price, the loss can also devastating to the fortunes of a team. You dont replace a player like Price and his absence will surely test the mettle of his Montreal teammates left standing with their best player out of the lineup. The Hab continent has a huge obstacle to overcome in finding a way to beat this hungry and confident NY Rangers team tonight in Madison Square Garden. For that to happen, PK Subban and company will first have to penetrate a wall in the form of Hendrik Lundqvist a mere 178 feet from their goal crease guarded by littlee know Dustin Tokarski. Jhoulys Chacin Jersey. With the man they the King poised between the pipes the Rangers net probably looks more like 178 miles away. Michel Terrien and Brandon Prusts initial assessment of the play was correct in that it was a hockey play. There was no deliberation on the part of Chris Kreider to initiate contact with Price as the Rangers speedster went hard to the net to make a play and then lost his balance following a chop to his right ankle by Alexei Emelin. In the post-game press conference Coach Therrien said he thought the play was "accidental, honestly," and Kreider said he "just had too much momentum and couldnt really avoid him. It didnt feel too good for me either."Terek, I would have ruled the play on the ice no differently than I did from my couch and deemed the contact by Chris Kreider on Carey Price as completely accidental. It would appear that I could count on agreement of this decision from referee Steve Kozari, Michel Terrien, Brandon Prust and Chris Kreider at the very least. It was a very unfortunate accident and injury sustained by Carey Price. Prices Montreal Canadien teammates will have dig deep tonight and stick with a game plan of speed and high tempo energy from the opening puck drop to take the Garden crowd out of the game and shift the momentum in their favor. Dustin Tokarski will have to give them a chance to win. It is then up to the Habs skaters grit, guts, determination and skill to find a way to penetrate King Hendriks Court 178 feet away. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to Thread New Thread