LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
ramzes666

Default Insulation behind electrical panel?
Hello,
Is there any "per code" way to insulate basement concrete wall behind main electrical panel?
There were some FG pieces stuck in between the panel and wall. They were blackened with mold.
House was built in 1980.

Thsnks,
RA

Old 09-05-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
GordonReid

They should be insulated behind if there is actually space back there. When I have panels changed I install a couple of studs with insulation and a piece of poly to the wall so the new plywood for the new panel can be mounted property and if the basement is ever finished in that area the basics are in place at the panel to do a decent job.

If you are not changing the panel all you can do is install insulation as best you can.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:25 PM   #3
ScottPreot

Hi! Maybe my experience will help you. When we bought our house, we also had some problems with the wiring. My husband and I bought an electric panel from luminsmart.com, which we use to optimize the electrical network. This way, we save electricity and get the maximum amount of information about how we can optimize our electricity costs. Visit their website, and you may find the panels you need for the electrical network, or you can get advice online.

Reply to Thread New Thread