LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
CevepBiageCefm

Default Chinese teenager 'kills eight in knife attack
Knives don't kill people - males between 16 and 25 kill people!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
sandyphoebetvmaa

Too slow on the draw, Tex. I posted about it in the Dark Knight Rises/Gun control thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Indinehon

That sounds about right for China. I mean, in the US he would have gotten about 3 kills. More people more deaths.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
CenICrerflind

But seriously - can we licence and register all males between 16 and 25?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
JesikaFlpk

In the US, he'd have killed dozens by the time they stopped him.

Can you imagine him with an assault rifle?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #6
Erexecike

Scrolling down I was like, "Oh she's pretty OH MY GOD"
99.9% sure it's photoshop. But anything's possible with Viking genes and some Soviet/East German-style training

Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
Johnny

What does the AR stand for in AR-15?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
DF9sLGSU

You didn't answer my question.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
ananciguinter

What does the AR stand for in AR-15?
The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite (original company that designed it) name. 'tard.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #10
freevideoandoicsI

This is the AR-24:

Yeah AR stands for Assault Rifle

Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
oronozopiy

The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite (original company that designed it) name. 'tard.
Geez, sorry for asking.

Evidently I have been burned by Canada's propensity to teach science in schools instead of the history of modern firearms.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
Berta

Lax rooty tooty pointy shooty laws give you the largest prison population in the world, and a homicide rate only challenged by the third world. Those arent exactly answers, but they are facts.

And I know the least about guns. I thought AR meant assault rifle too. I blame video games.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #13
rozalinasi

Asher, you're a fan of whisky, right? Suppose that some of your fellow Canadians got tired of all the unnecessary deaths caused by alcohol, all the car crashes, the expense of treating people with liver problems, the social problems of drunkenness, all that. Suppose that they wanted to try to limit people's access to hard liquor. They might say something like, "We're okay with people enjoying alcohol reasonably; beer and wine are fine in moderation. But there's no reason why anybody should drink this poison. It's only purpose is to get people as drunk as possible. Liquor has no place in civilized society." And they might even have some compelling statistics about how many lives they could save. Suppose that one of these people says something stupid like, "Alberta Premium is 80 proof. That means that it's 80 percent alcohol."

Wouldn't their complete failure to research basic terminology piss you off? Wouldn't you feel angry that people are spouting off opinions without bothering to find out basic facts? Wouldn't you wish that ignorant mother****ers keep their ignorant ****ing opinions to themselves, instead of trying to take away your right to enjoy whisky?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
Ambassador

AR stands for Arkansas. Hillbillies like guns.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
andrekuper

The War on Drugs, Mandatory Minimums, and short sighted politicians who wanted to look "tough on crime" gave us the world's largest prison population. Guns have jack **** to do with it. But thanks for inflicting your ignorance on us.
You dont know how glad I am to learn that only your country has short sighted politicians LMFAO

And Im sure your ignorant gun laws are exactly the **** thats leaving your country as the first world homicide capital of the world

Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
TOOGUEITEME

Draconian drug laws give you the largest prison population in the world, and a homicide rate only challenged by the third world. Those arent exactly answers, but they are facts.

And I know the least about guns. I thought AR meant assault rifle too. I blame video games.
FTFY

Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
Savviers

Don't lecture us on how to run a country when your GDP per capita is still by far the lowest in the English-speaking world.
WTF are you talking about?

In the last decade the UK opened its borders to over 300 million people, resulting in millions of immigrants over the last 8 years, driving down prices, labour costs and GDP. If you add onto that a worldwide reccesion that hit the UK harder, but is recovering far faster than the rest of Europe and you will have an understanding why the GDP is lower

If youre refering to NZ then, seriously, you should know better than to pick on a tiny island at the end of the world...But if thats what makes you feel big then go for it

Im not trying to lecture you on anything, Im trying to have a rational discussion to the betterment of both our understandings. There are some Americans here who can achieve that without getting defensive, and some who cant.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #18
Kemapreedasse

I've never even fired my Mossberg. I bought it and some Heavy Bird Shot shells and put it in my closet. Hopefully, it will never see the light of day or a moonlit night.
If it does, someone will have had a bad day.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
prpaims

Nothing you've said so far has had anything to do with a rational discussion. You're just here to talk ****, and the fact that you don't know what you're talking about doesn't seem to bother you.
Im open to discussion, if you just want to call names instead of face facts then theres plenty of other boards that can insult me far more thoroughly than you can

I come here for reasoned discussion

Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
Trebbinsa

Do you really think youre the only first world country that has suffered under these limitations? And yet you have outstanding rates of incarceration and shocking rates of homicide. Why arent other countrys suffering under similarly uncivilised conditions, when they are subject to similar legislation?
Do other countries have the same federal sentencing guidelines that we have? It's common knowledge that America's prison population shot up over the last few decades because of changes in the law. The New York Times, Washington Post, and PBS don't seem to think it has anything to do with guns. Of course, you know more about America than the people who actually live here.

Im open to discussion, if you just want to call names instead of face facts then theres plenty of other boards that can insult me far more thoroughly than you can

I come here for reasoned discussion You're not open to discussion, you're not interested in facts, and you're absolutely ignorant about America.

Read more, and write less. You might actually learn something.

Reply to Thread New Thread