LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #41
Rwujnezq

I am spinning between complete confusion, incredulity and a sense of pride.

There are bits of genius, and some ****ing shite.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #42
Flikemommoilt

quite surprised there was no beer swilling shell suited chavs sluffing along at the opening ceremony belching and hurling abuse at people closely followed up with pram pushing chav teen single mums with babies in tow waving wadges of beneficent cash whilst avin a faaaaaaaag with pizza stained shirts, greasy hair thats filling the stadium with the stench of deep fried chips,stale fags and window putty! whilst pikeys doing donuts on the stadiums running track with a show of how to strip cars of all sale-able parts and for the grand finally setting light to it with the olympic torch then being chased off on foot by 10 police officers with oversized truncheons and long boots in a 1930's style inept comedy police chase silent movie

mind you that's probably what team GB looked like when we walked on.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #43
Bigroza

Grand Opening ceremony . I like it.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #44
JulietOreira

Is this guy really giving the German team a Nazi salute...?

quite surprised there was no beer swilling shell suited chavs sluffing along at the opening ceremony belching and hurling abuse at people closely followed up with pram pushing chav teen single mums with babies in tow waving wadges of beneficent cash whilst avin a faaaaaaaag with pizza stained shirts, greasy hair thats filling the stadium with the stench of deep fried chips,stale fags and window putty! whilst pikeys doing donuts on the stadiums running track with a show of how to strip cars of all sale-able parts and for the grand finally setting light to it with the olympic torch then being chased off on foot by 10 police officers with oversized truncheons and long boots in a 1930's style inept comedy police chase silent movie

You're a miserable old git.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #45
pitoufsd

Wrong thread***

Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #46
TOD4wDTQ

sorry miss post

Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #47
errolurberozy

Same here.

If there's anything we can take away from this though, it's that we have some ****ing amazing music

Old 07-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #48
makemoneyonli

Here we are at last.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #49
Irrampbroow

Is this guy really giving the German team a Nazi salute...?

You're a miserable old git.
hehehe, I know... keepin it real bungle keepin it real

Old 07-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #50
cindygirl

After watching about an hour's worth on this evening, I thought it looked like a pretty decent opening. After all the bitching a moaning, we had something spectacular in the back yard and came through. Some of the visuals did really well to illustrate our history and relevance. Yep, just for tonight, I'm going to be an unbearable flag-waver.

Nice job Britain and London. Now win some medals!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #51
fectsnanteemy

everything good was followed up by something bad. It is entertaining, but there are many lulls.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #52
poonnassunlix

everything good was followed up by something bad. It is entertaining, but there are many lulls.
That basically nails Mitt Romney's visit too.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #53
kennyguitar

Only watched a 30 min highlight reel, but like most opening ceremonies of late, it was mostly pop-for-the-masses crap interspersed with the usual Olympic flag-waving tedium.

China's was better.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #54
AndreasLV

Only watched a 30 min highlight reel, but like most opening ceremonies of late, it was mostly pop-for-the-masses crap interspersed with the usual Olympic flag-waving tedium.

China's was better.
I thought the whole thing was hilariously over-the-top. Super slow motion Daniel Craig with the Queen was funny as hell. I'm still not sure if the entire thing was intended to be serious or not.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #55
FreeDownloadOEMsoftware

I thought the whole thing was hilariously over-the-top. Super slow motion Daniel Craig with the Queen was funny as hell. I'm still not sure if the entire thing was intended to be serious or not.
It was done the British way, which means we are happy to poke fun at ourselves while putting across our point.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
CitsMoise17

It was done the British way, which means we are happy to poke fun at ourselves while putting across our point.
In that case it was fantastic.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #57
Buildityrit

As a Brit I found the whole thing hilarious which was definitely the point, the Queen jumping out of the chopper with Bond was gold.

Equally, I also found the stern miserable face on her Majesty's face throughout completely gold too.

People can use whatever they like as an excuse for a dig, but they are and will always be missing the point.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #58
OpVJokl8

1980 - The Commie Games
1984 - The anti-comie games
1988 - The 'honest we have no poverty here' games
1992 - The 'don't pity the bull' games
1996 - The 'everything's for sale' games
2000 - The 'drugs' games (OK, this one was pretty decent)
2004 - The debt games
2008 - The 'cheer or else' games
2012 - The whining games

... don't take this too seriously!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #59
inownsuipsy

The BBC, as usual (apart from that **** up with the jubilee), did a bang on job of covering the event.

The rings hanging from tower bridge have come under fire a bit recently, but it was worth it to see them in the fly-by coverage.

I'm not sure if the real Queen was in the audience or if we are using a ringer these days. She's getting on a bit. *

*take this with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: I thought the forged rings, and the flame of unity at the end were fantastic.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
JewJoleSole

Seems you have their education.

Reply to Thread New Thread