LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
11Woxsepmoomo

Default Olympics ticket question
Since there's a a few tickets been made available for certain events I was thinking of going to one. The thing is if you collect them (which I'll probably have to do seeing as it's very short notice) they want you to bring photo ID: specifically either a passport, a driving licence or EU ID card (which is a bit silly since we don't have those in the UK). The only one of those I have is a passport, but it expired last year. Will that matter?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Clesylafabada

Usually yes. Ring them and check as you're not using it for legal identification you *might* be OK.

The EU ID card isn't silly at all. I'd say at least half the people wanting to go will be from the EU. You really, really need to start looking at the bigger picture from time to time.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
priordine

Since there's a a few tickets been made available for certain events I was thinking of going to one. The thing is if you collect them (which I'll probably have to do seeing as it's very short notice) they want you to bring photo ID: specifically either a passport, a driving licence or EU ID card (which is a bit silly since we don't have those in the UK). The only one of those I have is a passport, but it expired last year. Will that matter?
well the way its been rather laxed these past few days security wise you could probably get away with it.

I bet ur wishing you had a car now eh !

Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
DoctorIrokezov

Usually yes. Ring them and check as you're not using it for legal identification you *might* be OK.
There are no contact details on the website......that I can find.

The EU ID card isn't silly at all. I'd say at least half the people wanting to go will be from the EU. You really, really need to start looking at the bigger picture from time to time. This is the website selling tickets for UK residents only.

I don't see why anything official with your photo and name on it won't do.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
ThekvandoVideo

I don't see why anything official with your photo and name on it won't do.
Mainly it comes down to the fact that the more acceptable forms of identification there are, the harder it is for people to be trained for spot a fake.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Qnpqbpac

Mainly it comes down to the fact that the more acceptable forms of identification there are, the harder it is for people to be trained for spot a fake.
yeah and a conveniently out of date passport may raise some eyebrows especially if he has the old type without the chip in the back cover

Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
smokeberly

yeah and a conveniently out of date passport may raise some eyebrows especially if he has the old type without the chip in the back cover
Hey, don't forget to use the biometric entry lane when you get back from the US if you have a new passport. Instead of waiting about 45 minutes you just skip down a quick lane, step into a tardis, have your balls nuked and gain entry. Brilliant.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
sirmzereigMix

God knows if it has. I got it in 2001.

I don't know why one has to go through all this rigmarole just to collect some event tickets.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
glazgoR@

I don't know why one has to go through all this rigmarole just to collect some event tickets.
I'm guessing they have half an eye on making sure you don't get blown up by a suicide bomber.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Caregrasy

God knows if it has. I got it in 2001.

just to make sure your not fronting an Identity for terrorists ?

erm, ticket touting fraud, the list goes on.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Rupeviv

Here you go:

http://www.myfakeid.biz/fake-id/fake...g-license.aspx

Old 08-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
acissombiapse

I emailed them and I got a reply today. All they did was copy and paste the FAQs (which I've already read) and didn't answer my question!

Although I did some research and apparently generall an expired passport is still a valid form of ID.

I've also found out that they're doing print@home tickets now, so if I manage to get one that's what I'll go for. I've already let some potentials go because I was worried about picking them up!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
juidizHusw

I've tried unsuccessfully to get tickets to various events tonight, and I'm currently waiting to see if I'll be successful for another. For some reason it doesn't just tell you if you've got the tickets or not, it puts you in kind of queue. WTF for I have no idea. Why the hell can't they just say straight away whether I've got the tickets or not?

--- Post Update ---

Nothing!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Gskdmidd

JUST GIVE UP.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #15
Lorionasodi

JUST GIVE UP.
But this is probably my one and only chance attend the Olympics in this country.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
97dYA9L3

But this is probably my one and only chance attend the Olympics in this country.
Are scalping tickets illegal in the UK?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
ephennaCypota

It is not like the window of opportunity just opened up, you probably had years to acquire tickets.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
Kingerix

I'm sure the only tickets available are for bullshit sports like synchronized swimming or badminton. In fact, paying enormous sums to see any sport that you can watch on the telly strikes me as a rather dopey thing to do.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
Gastonleruanich

Are scalping tickets illegal in the UK?
Touting? Yes.
It is not like the window of opportunity just opened up, you probably had years to acquire tickets.
They haven't been on sale for years. And when they were they were allocated using a lottery system and hard to get hold of. They've only put more on sale now because of the empty seat issue.

What I dislike is this lack of transparency of how the system works. Just tell me if there are tickets left or there aren't, and if they are just give them to me; don't put me in a damn "queue"!

--- Post Update ---

I'm sure the only tickets available are for bullshit sports like synchronized swimming or badminton. In fact, paying enormous sums to see any sport that you can watch on the telly strikes me as a rather dopey thing to do.
Actually they've been available for all sort of events: e.g. athletics, swimming, boxing, basketball, handball and a ton of others.

Also watching on TV is not the same experience. Have you never been to a live sporting event?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Pataacculakp

Actually they've been available for all sort of events: e.g. athletics, swimming, boxing, basketball, handball and a ton of others.
That isn't usually the case in most Olympics. I've been hearing reports about London being surprisingly empty. I wonder why turn out to London Olympics has been so low?

Reply to Thread New Thread