LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Argurnenoni

Beef Wellington.
A really tasty dish, but hardly a culinary masterpiece. It's beef in pastry with a layer of pate in the middle.

--- Post Update ---

donna kebab, vindaloo ?
Turkish and Indian. *

*I'm guessing you were joking though.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #22
Fdmnrnba

I have visited the states and I have tasted a good IPA there. They are very good, but no better than other places in the world.

--- Post Update ---

In technical terms, most of it is....what excellent British dish can you put forward?

Just because it's tasty doesn't mean it's actually great food.
"Technical terms"? What the **** does that mean? If the food looks nice and is tasty it's great food imo.
IPA ?
India Pale Ale.

Try learning about the great ales your home country produces.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
vulikox

A really tasty dish, but hardly a culinary masterpiece. It's beef in pastry with a layer of pate in the middle.

--- Post Update ---

Turkish and Indian. *

*I'm guessing you were joking though.
burger king,domino's pizza ?

--- Post Update ---

"Technical terms"? What the **** does that mean? If the food looks nice and is tasty it's great food imo.

India Pale Ale.

Try learning about the great ales your home country produces.
so ive got to drink an alcoholic beverage now have I ? all I want is a ****ing cup "O" tea !!!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
Thifiadardivy

"Technical terms"? What the **** does that mean?
It means it's not much of a challenge! You must have heard that phrase before!!!???

Beef wellington tastes great but has basically three ingredients. Fine French food (and many other cuisines) have anything up to 30 ingredients (including spices, herbs and garnishings).

Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
hexniks

It means it's not much of a challenge! You must have heard that phrase before!!!???

Beef wellington tastes great but has basically three ingredients. Fine French food (and many other cuisines) have anything up to 30 ingredients (including spices, herbs and garnishings).
you forgot to add flob,bogies and semen.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
lesso73

I thought the point of food was to please the person eating it, not give the chef a chance to play about behind closed doors.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
kennyguitar

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2538/beef-wellington I count 10.

But you're telling me more ingredients means better food?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #28
Suvuseh

No, I'm saying it's not very ****ing complicated to make compared to a lot of dishes.

Honestly, if a lot of posters on here put as much effort into their reading comprehension and thought process as they do into getting one-up on another poster then this would be a much more harmonious forum.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
*Playergirl*

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2538/beef-wellington I count 10.

lamb shanks in red wine,onion and thyme jus with pom puree that's another ingredient heavy good English dish

Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
Arrectiff

lamb shanks in red wine,onion and thyme jus with pom puree that's another ingredient heavy good English dish
That's a good example. I knew there had to be some.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #31
Arratherimi

That's a good example. I knew there had to be some.
pie chips n t' moosheh peeeeeeez n t't't graaaaaaaaaaaaveh ! t' t' t'.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
TCjwwhcY

No, I'm saying it's not very ****ing complicated to make compared to a lot of dishes.

Honestly, if a lot of posters on here put as much effort into their reading comprehension and thought process as they do into getting one-up on another poster then this would be a much more harmonious forum.
Dumping 6 cloves of garlic, mushrooms, a sprig or two of some herbs, salt and pepper, butter and god knows what else makes it more complicated?

You're quite clearly in marketing. You can spin anything you like; it doesn't necessarily make anything complicated by adding more ingredients. http://www.epicurious.com/articlesgu...-to-make.html/

Beef Wellington is ranked 4th. http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/f...0chefdish.html Read what chefs say. Most of the "difficult" parts are simple ingredients. And many others are time/timing.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #33
Aeaefee

Dumping 6 cloves of garlic, mushrooms, a sprig or two of some herbs, salt and pepper, butter and god knows what else makes it more complicated?

You're quite clearly in marketing. You can spin anything you like; it doesn't necessarily make anything complicated by adding more ingredients. http://www.epicurious.com/articlesgu...-to-make.html/

Beef Wellington is ranked 4th. http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/f...0chefdish.html Read what chefs say. Most of the "difficult" parts are simple ingredients.
I'd probably say making a bowl of cornflakes is difficult to him ingredients wise.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
ttoothh

You're quite clearly in marketing.
LOL, I really am.

It's getting the timings right, and the exact amount of ingredient to use that makes it more complicated. I don't know how much you cook, but I nailed heating a tin of soup on my first crack at it and had to have about 20 goes at getting chili con carne just right.

And God should be capitalised you heathen.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #35
gastabegree

My favorite food is fish (battered) and chips! I thoroughly believe i'm in the best part of the world for this though. There's maybe 5 ingredients, but frying a fish to perfection isn't completely obvious. Simple enough though and yummy.

Italian, American, Greek, Turkish, Mexican, Spanish etc are no more complicated.

As for timings and ingredients.... A beef Wellington is about as difficult as you can get for temperature and duration. The cooked to rare ratio, juiciness etc of the joint is not that easy. For quantities, use some scales.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #36
emorbimefed

Italian, American, Greek, Turkish, Mexican, Spanish etc are no more complicated.
Nothing is complicated if you have experience.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
JANALA

Nothing is complicated if you have experience.
Well then. I'm just saying British dishes are not necessarily any easier. If you can't make a pizza or a paella, you're probably retarded.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #38
Aozozbag

Well then. I'm just saying British dishes are not necessarily any easier. If you can't make a pizza or a paella, you're probably retarded.
Personally, I'd consider a paella and beef wellington easy dishes, a curry from scratch a medium dish and anything from the dessert range to be completely impossible. That will vary from person to person though.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #39
drgshmcm

As much as I love a good cross-pond pissing match, how did we get onto the intricacies of Beef Wellington from weather forecasts

Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #40
lasadeykar

no offense to my American comrades but I find all of their confectionery, disgusting.

also the food doesn't taste good either

and I'm gasping for a proper cup of tea.

/cries.
I'm amazed you've managed to try all 'American' food in your short stay. I've been here 8 years and still haven't been to every restaurant in 'America' or even NY State.

How did you do it so fast?

Reply to Thread New Thread