LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #61
insightmike

Evil don't look like anything.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
HilaryNidierer

Not the profile of a killer, no. Probably because the CIA did it and he's the fall guy, or he did it under mind control or whatever. It's all very fishy.
I can't tell if you're joking or you really believe that...

The CIA did it? LOL! What for? Why would the CIA want to murder a cinema full of people?

The fact is that he is probably just some nutter. It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened in America, and I doubt it will be the last.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #63
Endatrybeeddy

Even if he gets convicted of multiple murder and sentenced to death, it'll be many years before his execution is carried out. 7 years? 10 years? Maybe longer. He's also going to make a series of appeals against the death sentence, which can significantly extend the time he spends on death-row.

I think it's unfair to the victims to feed and shelter a convicted mass murderer for so many years.

I heard it costs £30-40k a year for each prisoner here. If he's a young man, under 40, that's a huge sum to save. If executions were carried out three clear Sundays after conviction of a capital crime (before the UK abolished the death penalty), that would be true. But such swift executions meant a fairly high risk of miscarriage of justice happening.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
Longwow

Point is, all it would take is one member of the audience with a permitted weapon to save countless others from being wounded or killed. You think taking permitted weapons away from law abiding citizens is a good idea? Awesome - but first the focus should be taking weapons away from those non permitted citizens. The war on concealed weapons would be a bigger failure than the war on drugs. Get over it. Anywho, I'm off the boards again for a while. Have fun hooping and hollering.
While you wont read this, i do have to point out that both the gun he carried and ALL the bullets were bought at legal shops through the proper channels. And this is a big point why the system is broken atm.

He bought:
  • AR-15 Assault rifle
  • Remington 870 shotgun
  • .40 Glock handgun
  • 6000 rounds
In a period of 2 months at the local shops.
I mean if that doesnt raise a red flag and gets looked into then things are truly f-ed up.

Have to point out that i am unfamiliar with the USA system for this, but i know that here you'll get a visit from a cop after such a purchase and you'll be looked over again.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #65
Uttephabeta

While you wont read this, i do have to point out that both the gun he carried and ALL the bullets were bought at legal shops through the proper channels. And this is a big point why the system is broken atm.

He bought:
  • AR-15 Assault rifle
  • Remington 870 shotgun
  • .40 Glock handgun
  • 6000 rounds
In a period of 2 months at the local shops.
I mean if that doesnt raise a red flag and gets looked into then things are truly f-ed up.

Have to point out that i am unfamiliar with the USA system for this, but i know that here you'll get a visit from a cop after such a purchase and you'll be looked over again.
why should that raise red flags?

Lots more people buy that many and type of guns and never use them to harm others than those that do.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #66
softy54534

Like i said, my reply was more about how he had legal weapons as opposed to the rant i quoted.
The last part is just something i was wondering, tho based on how rules are here.

Having said that: what is the procedure for authorities regarding buying weapons anyway? (USA)

Old 07-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
fectsnanteemy

The last part is just something i was wondering, tho based on how rules are here.
Buying all of that around where I am especially isn't that out of the ordinary, we have lots of hunters and target shooters.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #68
ArrereGarhync

Quite horrific and sad the OP is involved too, I hope all is going ok at the hospital.

Has there been anything more about his home? I read that he had booby-trapped it and the police were unable to enter at first.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #69
Jwskwhdo

Not the profile of a killer, no. Probably because the CIA did it and he's the fall guy, or he did it under mind control or whatever. It's all very fishy.
I thought the complete opposite when I heard about him on the news TBH. Someone who made mistakes in his life/messed it up and was angry at the world. He then fell in with the wrong people who were egging him on to do something like this.

Of course you can condition someone to kill people, but there are a lot easier ways to do it then using drugs etc.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #70
12Jasoumemoobia

"Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan on Colo. shooting: "devastating"

'I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime," Nolan said.

'The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.'

'Gary Oldman, who stars in the film, also said his "prayers and deepest sympathies are with the victims of this horrific act, and their families," according to Digital Spy.' -

Warner Bros., the studio that produced the film, also said it is "deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident."
www.cbsnews.com/
Link -
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...g-devastating/

Old 07-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #71
maks_holi

Has there been anything more about his home? I read that he had booby-trapped it and the police were unable to enter at first.
They are postponing the effort until today, I guess we'll all find out how they proceed.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #72
xanaxonlinexanax

Having said that: what is the procedure for authorities regarding buying weapons anyway? (USA)
Every state is different. Here in Michigan, in order to purchase a handgun you need to go to the police department and fill out a form. You then have to take the form and bring it to the gun store, then you have to bring the gun and the filled out form back to the police station where they check the gun and register it. (They usually keep the handgun for a few days.) I don't believe you need to register shotguns/rifles in Michigan. If you have a concealed weapons permit, the police department won't keep your gun overnight.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #73
Trissinas

Buying all of that around where I am especially isn't that out of the ordinary, we have lots of hunters and target shooters.
I don't think buying four gun's within 2 months can be that normal. Do people usually need 24 guns to add to their collection each year? All 6000 rounds is almost 200 a day for that same two month period. I realise people will buy many rounds to last a longer period than that, but it's still not quite right to me.

I still think he was drugged and/or brainwashed. To suddenly go mental like that doesn't happen. Hair painted red, pretending to be the Joker... come on... it's the good old lone nut gunman routine again.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #74
Accor$314

the beast of omaha only fired off 6,000 more rounds than what that bloke bought...

Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #75
Indidockobeni

seeing some of the news reports coming from his apt complex and that dude lived in a really shitty part of aurora...not like aurora has many nice areas to begin with.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #76
YTmWSOA5

I still think he was drugged and/or brainwashed. To suddenly go mental like that doesn't happen. Hair painted red, pretending to be the Joker... come on... it's the good old lone nut gunman routine again.
He didnt go mental all of a sudden, none of these idiots do.
At least in this last few years the shooters were already mentally ill, some even got treatment and just relapsed.
They plan ahead, not wake up 1 morning and decide to shoot so many ppl.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #77
Q0KmoR8K

I don't think buying four gun's within 2 months can be that normal.
Well it is.

And then you go on to some crazy conspiracy stuff. yeah, that's normal.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #78
vipluka

Well it is.

And then you go on to some crazy conspiracy stuff. yeah, that's normal.
I can sort of understand one person suddenly deciding "right, I want to arm myself" and buying some guns, but four is quite a lot and 2 Glocks is a bit odd.

ALso, where did an unemployed student get the money for all these weapons and equipment, which includes SWAT body armour. As well as all the bomb making ingredients. Not to mention the training and ability to create and set up these bomb traps. How's he done that without blowing himself up?

--- Post Update ---

He didnt go mental all of a sudden, none of these idiots do.
At least in this last few years the shooters were already mentally ill, some even got treatment and just relapsed.
They plan ahead, not wake up 1 morning and decide to shoot so many ppl.
Well he certainly stopped being mental all of a sudden when he happily surrendered and confessed to the booby-trapped appartment.

What's his motive? Some poor test score? Really...

Old 07-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #79
bellson

It's not odd at all, I mentioned before hunting and target shooting.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #80
Corryikilelet

It's not odd at all, I mentioned before hunting and target shooting.
I'm not saying it's odd to buy and own gun's to hunt and target shoot. I'm saying that buying so many at once is committing to the hobby rather strongly and suddenly. Do people target shoot with you pistols like they're John Wayne?

Reply to Thread New Thread