LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
AngelaJohnston

Default Assisted Living & carers allowance eligibility
Hi Folks,
I am a Carer for my Mother, and receive Carers Allowance.
My Mother has just moved to a 1 bed Assisted Living Appartment from a 3 bedroom house. She now receives a Meal every day, and there is 24/7 support available if she needs it.
I am still visiting virtually every day, sorting her medication, taking care of her finances, taking her shopping & to her appointments & making sure she is okay as she has balance problems

Does this affect my Carers Allowance eligibility in anyway ?? :?:

The main reason for her moving was the House was too big & she couldn't cope, so I still care for her, but I don't have the responsibility of the upkeep of the house.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thank you

Old 03-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Jorik228

could you tell us more details about this

Old 03-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #3
GordonReid

How did you get a 1 bedroom assisting living?

Old 03-01-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
Philip67

Moving out from a 3-bedroom house into one-bedroom assisted living centers looks like a great deal. I understand your feelings, but you did your best. I think they will take care of your mother, and you still are close to her. My grandpa lives in States. We tried to persuade him to move to the UK to be closer to his family, but he doesn’t want to. Now, he cannot take care of himself. My parents cannot move to States to take care of him because they both have jobs in the UK. The only option was to find an assisted living center for my grandpa. We found this one https://serenityoaksassistedliving.com/living-options/assisted-living/ I couldn’t even imagine that my grandpa will be so happy to move there. Now, he has a couple of friends there, and it’s like college years for him again, but without stress.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
ramzes666

Moving out from a 3-bedroom house into one-bedroom assisted living centers looks like a great deal. I understand your feelings, but you did your best. I think they will take care of your mother, and you still are close to her. My grandpa lives in States. We tried to persuade him to move to the UK to be closer to his family, but he doesn’t want to. Now, he cannot take care of himself. My parents cannot move to States to take care of him because they both have jobs in the UK. The only option was to find an assisted living center for my grandpa. We found this one https://serenityoaksassistedliving.com/living-options/assisted-living/ I couldn’t even imagine that my grandpa will be so happy to move there. Now, he has a couple of friends there, and it’s like college years for him again, but without stress.
Originally Posted by Philip67 View Post
Thanks for sharing! In which city this place is located? Do they have other branches?

Reply to Thread New Thread