LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
Gasfghj

I very very rarely play a found over 4 hours at my private course. Look around grant, you might find one in your price range.

Tapin for bird

Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
KraskiNetu

Don't take anything I say as me trying to talk you out of it, Grant. They are just things I wish I'd considered prior to jumping in. Lots of people talk about the events being great, and they are, but in may case they are close to $40 extra when you pay the entry fee and the cart fee. I'd rather pay nothing and go walk after the event is over to save a few bucks.
I'm going to second this as well.. I think it's great that clubs try to create events for their members, but they definitely get in the way.. Mens league and womens league will take up at least half the course two nights out of the week.. Tournaments close the course down for weekends... It can get pretty frustrating.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
Effofqueeno

That's pretty reasonable I'd say. We've got 2 private courses right here in Sioux Falls and one of them is right around $250 a month for a silver membership. Silver membership basically has full access to everything but you have to tee off before noon on weekdays and after 3pm on weekends I think. You can get a gold membership for around $400 a month. The other private club is much more expensive and seems to be a little more on the stuffy side but basically they're around $5k a year more than the one I mentioned.

We've really looked closely at it and have gone as far as taking the wife and kids out there for a day at the pool while I played golf with a buddy who's a member. Ultimately we did not sign up....yet.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #24
rJohutozsfds

I am putting a good thinking on doing this too. I am a member of a local public course, but their greens are always painfully slow and the bunkers are complete crap. The place is just getting worse as time goes on. I only paid a grand for membership, but I am not getting my moneys worth I am afraid.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #25
KuevDulin

Don't take anything I say as me trying to talk you out of it, Grant. They are just things I wish I'd considered prior to jumping in. Lots of people talk about the events being great, and they are, but in may case they are close to $40 extra when you pay the entry fee and the cart fee. I'd rather pay nothing and go walk after the event is over to save a few bucks.
Thanks dude. This course is a walkable course. It is not to hilly and I think with a cart it would be easy. I don't know how much I would get in to the events either. I really don't have time for it. I play most of the time during the week after I get off work at 3. Sometimes on the weekend, when I am in town.

I very very rarely play a found over 4 hours at my private course. Look around grant, you might find one in your price range.

Tapin for bird
I am going to email another one that is close by and get their rates. I don't want to get to far, so I don't have to drive far to practice.

That's pretty reasonable I'd say. We've got 2 private courses right here in Sioux Falls and one of them is right around $250 a month for a silver membership. Silver membership basically has full access to everything but you have to tee off before noon on weekdays and after 3pm on weekends I think. You can get a gold membership for around $400 a month. The other private club is much more expensive and seems to be a little more on the stuffy side but basically they're around $5k a year more than the one I mentioned.

We've really looked closely at it and have gone as far as taking the wife and kids out there for a day at the pool while I played golf with a buddy who's a member. Ultimately we did not sign up....yet.
I really want to take the plunge but want to get my moneys worth. I really been wanting to move closer to a course I could join to get the most out of it I can. We have a pool in the neighborhood now, but if I moved closer to the course. The club's pool might be more interesting to me.

I'm going to second this as well.. I think it's great that clubs try to create events for their members, but they definitely get in the way.. Mens league and womens league will take up at least half the course two nights out of the week.. Tournaments close the course down for weekends... It can get pretty frustrating.
I would hope this wouldn't happen, but I am sure it stays busy on the weekends. I guess it would matter how many members they have.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
Fhgzmftq

I am putting a good thinking on doing this too. I am a member of a local public course, but their greens are always painfully slow and the bunkers are complete crap. The place is just getting worse as time goes on. I only paid a grand for membership, but I am not getting my moneys worth I am afraid.
I wish you could have seen this course. The sand is even beautiful!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
jinnamys

Just for comparison's sake, my club has 200 members, which is considered fairly small. Good luck dude! Regardless of the money, the course is great and I do enjoy playing it. I also like the unlimited access to the practice area.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
awagsFare

What was the name again?

posting from my S3. please excuse my spelling mistakles.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
zoolissentesy

I would hope this wouldn't happen, but I am sure it stays busy on the weekends. I guess it would matter how many members they have.
It doesn't happen a ton, but it does happen.. Things like the member-member tournament, member-guest, and club championships would probably all take up entire weekends. That said, They are all pretty fun to play in, so it's a bit of give and take.

And I'll add on the walking comment is something I do a LOT of to keep costs down, especially during the weeknights. I'll take course quality over riding in a cart any day. Plus, it's good for you!!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
hoarrimilsora

What was the name again?

posting from my S3. please excuse my spelling mistakles.
Irish Creek. It is in Kannapolis, NC

Just for comparison's sake, my club has 200 members, which is considered fairly small. Good luck dude! Regardless of the money, the course is great and I do enjoy playing it. I also like the unlimited access to the practice area.
I do like that. It is about 20 mins away. That would restrict me getting there some, but has a really nice practice area.

Reply to Thread New Thread