LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
Fegemiembendy

I'm slightly new to this from a posting sense... I read alot on here but have rarely posted for some reason...... seeing I like this topic I figured this would be the best place to start being active....so here it goes....

Back when I played in college the coach always made up play from the forward most tee to qualify for the up coming tournament... that always made us go after birdies and play aggresively... cause you couldn't just lay back cause you knew everyone was having birdie oppurtunities on every hole due to playing from those tees... I feel like that helped my game cause playing from those upward tees put me in situations and made me produce shots and encounter areas of the golf course I haven't played from when playing from my normal tee position.... I had to be creative with shots and really give me more shots that I could produce from my bag by doing this.... I really believe playing from the upward tees helped my physical and mental game.... and I will still from this day ever once in awhile when out practicing I will play a round from those tees.....

Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #22
neonasafluni

Good points Apco.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #23
Grizli

Funny post from the Angry Mod.

I've had starters ask my handicap and tell me what tees I should be playing. I think a lot of the slow play issues come from players hitting from the wrong tees. Their egos are writing checks their games can't cash.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #24
OlgaBorovikovva

Since I am looking at joining a private club, in order to keep the game interesting round after round, I am planning on playing all of the different tees, just to have a different look at the course, sometimes, you will find something out about a course, perhaps a better landing point, just by playing a different tee. I feel no shame in playing the reds. I've never shot even from the reds, so there's really no reason to feel shame in playing them. Tee it forward is based mainly on your distances vs. average yardage of the course, not much handicap into account, so it's all about giving a manageable approach shot, not saying your XXX level of player. I personally like the challenge of having different approach shots and distances, so I like playing any tees, typically if I'm paired up with someone else, I will play what they play to try and speed up the round a touch. I typically play the whites or blues at my course, whites are middle and blues are tips. They are both a challenge, and really don't add too much distance to the course in my mind.

Dan

Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #25
Candykiss

Funny post from the Angry Mod.

I've had starters ask my handicap and tell me what tees I should be playing. I think a lot of the slow play issues come from players hitting from the wrong tees. Their egos are writing checks their games can't cash.
I kinda agree with the ego thing.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #26
DavidQD

My foursome and I discussed it the other day, actually. Just to change things up and play different shots for a change. I saw the comment in the recent distance thread, and thought it may be something I try to do, to change things up and maybe put myself in a different mental state. I would love to break 80, even if it was from the ladies tees, because it might be the shot in the arm that I need. I have been struggling all summer long, mostly with the driver, and by playing the ladies tees, I could only hit driver off of the two par 5's, and could actually opt for a Mashie three wood or 2 hybrid, to be honest.
I think the problem with this is that it is not really following the play the correct tee mantra. If you are playing the forward tees in order to shorten your bag (taking driver out) then you are not really playing the correct tee by their reasoning.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #27
brilkyPlayday

I've played forward tees, but mostly when I'm hitting just irons or hybrids for testing.

To me, the 'white' tees are teeing it forward. I do that quite often and am more comfortable when I do.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #28
strollerssfsfs

I should expand on that I think.

My view of 'teeing it forward' isn't necessarily moving way up as much as it is finding a course length that matches how far I hit the ball.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
Marat

I play the middle tees myself. Moving forward a box can be a lot of fun, and it adds a lot of variety to your shotmaking choices.

Reply to Thread New Thread