LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
cyslespitocop

Default Phil's Masters shot (15th) and Tiger's Memorial shot (16th)
Compare and contrast for me, folks. I heard people talking after the Masters about the difficulty of Phil's shot and how it was one of the shots of the tournament. 64-degree wedge.

Tiger's on Saturday was a 60-degree wedge. Nicklaus called it one of the guttiest shots he's ever seen.

Are they similar shots? As a complete amateur and still somewhat a newbie, I know not the differences.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Stengapsept

Compare and contrast for me, folks. I heard people talking after the Masters about the difficulty of Phil's shot and how it was one of the shots of the tournament. 64-degree wedge.

Tiger's on Saturday was a 60-degree wedge. Nicklaus called it one of the guttiest shots he's ever seen.

Are they similar shots? As a complete amateur and still somewhat a newbie, I know not the differences.
No. Tiger made his.

Phil's was with a 64 and Tiger's was with a 60. Phil's was also on a lot thinner lie and went a lot higher in the air. He had a lot bigger risk of blading his and sending it into the water. Tiger had a higher risk of sending the ball basically nowhere. Other than that they were very similar.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Dvjkefdw

No. Tiger made his.

Phil's was with a 64 and Tiger's was with a 60. Phil's was also on a lot thinner lie and went a lot higher in the air. He had a lot bigger risk of blading his and sending it into the water. Tiger had a higher risk of sending the ball basically nowhere. Other than that they were very similar.
Well, that part is obvious. Just talking about the shot itself. Thanks for the explanation though....that helps a lot.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
GillTeepbew

I like Tiger's shot better.

beccause Phil is a fag. suck it ashey.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
PareKeect

yes, the shot itself was somewhat similar. They both had a tough portion of the green to work with and either one could have gone in the drink. However.....

Phil's shot was great, and as I posted at the time of masters, it was Phil being Phil. He is a master of this shot. Nobody, not even woods, consistently can be such a witch with a wedge... IMO.

Wood's shot, was from deep grass, downhill lie, at a critical time for a birdie late in the tourny. Plus Wood's shot went in the hole.

Comparison can be made between these shots, but IMO, Wood's was more difficult due to the lie, and more impressive because it actually went in.

I think this shot is on par with the chip in on 16 at the masters in 2005

Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Dynasty

No. Tiger made his.

That would never happen to Phil

Old 04-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
hrthwhr

I like Tiger's shot better.

beccause Phil is a fag. suck it ashey.
While that made me laugh, it wasn't particularly helpful golf-wise.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Cibirrigmavog

phil's was better.

nicklaus is clearly in the early stages of dementia.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
redDoodia

Bubba Watson's was cooler.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
htDgExh8

Phil hit a fabulous shot, one that few if any players would even attempt. Another thing about it though was that it was unnecessary. There were other ways to get the ball close to the hole. Plus, he wasn't leading the tournament, nor was he going to win without a meltdown by the leaders. He had nothing to lose. Tiger, on the other hand, had the tournament in the balance and had little control of how his club would react in that rough. He had absolutely no other choice in how he approached the shot if he wanted to get it anywhere near the hole. Getting it close was outstanding. Making it was miraculous and I agree with Nicklaus that, under the circumstances, it was one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Phil's shot wasn't even the "shot" of the tournament. If you want to compare degree of difficulty under trying circumstances, I think Bubba's shot in the playoff was more impressive than Phil's.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
inchaaruutaa

Mine was better. Fifteen feet or so from the green, the only thing between me and the pin was a pine tree. I pull out my trusty 54 degree wedge, open the blade, and prepare to take it over the tree and on to the green. I hit it fat, right into the middle of the tree, it rattles around, drops out the other side onto the green and rolls into the hole....perfect.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Donlupedron

Mine was better. Fifteen feet or so from the green, the only thing between me and the pin was a pine tree. I pull out my trusty 54 degree wedge, open the blade, and prepare to take it over the tree and on to the green. I hit it fat, right into the middle of the tree, it rattles around, drops out the other side onto the green and rolls into the hole....perfect.
Hippie Fkn Gilmore over here.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
ggdfgtdfffhfyj

Hippie Fkn Gilmore over here.
It's all in the hips...

Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
teentodiefows

Suck my white ass ball!

Reply to Thread New Thread