LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
QysnZWB4

Default Worst day of golf
What a bad day, everything was hooking everything. Made 1 birdie, a 250 yard drive "it went straight"

What would cause the hook?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
ådrrraj

What a bad day, everything was hooking everything. Made 1 birdie, a 250 yard drive "it went straight"

What would cause the hook?
closed face at impact, in to out swing, standing too far from the ball, too soft shaft, stopping your body from rotating-any of these could have.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
QysnZWB4

I have a goog draw, I am guessing closed club face.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Unakjyfk

All of what was said before. Just don't give up on it. Get back out to the range as soon as you can and work on it.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
Toivaluadiora

... still beats a good day in the office?

Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
QysnZWB4

Wasn't very much fun, I walked of the course before I finished.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
Zptmsemk

you could be getting too handsy as well. That what causes my hooks, I get stuck behind on my transition of my weight forward, then my hands flip over.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
ViktorialHDY

I know how you feel, I just had a terrible day too, and it just happened to be in the second day of a qualifier. A hook is caused by a closed club face at impact. This could happen many different ways. If I was you, I would take a video of your swing and maybe post it in the Golf Tec Ask A Pro section, they normally seem to satisfy most of the people who post in there. Good luck with your game either way.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
scoussysows

I had hook trouble for a long time and it had nothing to do with the swing. In my case my right hand grip was too strong. The hand was rotated too far clockwise looking at it from address and my fingers were too far under the club. Didn't matter what I did during the swing, my right hand was becoming too dominant and closing the clubface at what should have been a neutral impact position with the natural motion of the arms. Once my grip was fixed (which wasn't a real easy process) I rarely hit a hook.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
ådrrraj

I have a goog draw, I am guessing closed club face.
Yeah you probably just closed it a little more than usual, maybe a weaker grip could help you out next time

Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
formobilagsw

you could be getting too handsy as well. That what causes my hooks, I get stuck behind on my transition of my weight forward, then my hands flip over.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^ is a problem of mine with the ducks.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
formobilagsw

I had hook trouble for a long time and it had nothing to do with the swing. In my case my right hand grip was too strong. The hand was rotated too far clockwise looking at it from address and my fingers were too far under the club. Didn't matter what I did during the swing, my right hand was becoming too dominant and closing the clubface at what should have been a neutral impact position with the natural motion of the arms. Once my grip was fixed (which wasn't a real easy process) I rarely hit a hook.
I bet it took a month or two to get use to the right hand being on top of the club huh? I tried this and it actually works however feels odd as heck, because it feels like I can't take the club back far enough...

Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
AlissBart

I fight the same thing on and off...right now it's really on. Lost several balls ob left the past week. For me, it's just trying to remind myself to slow down....I can get really quick, and not finish my backswing. I then just seem to have to "jump" all over the ball, and nothing good happens from there.

Reply to Thread New Thread