LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
RildFiemodo

Default South Florida get-together?
Since the snowbirds up North are linking up for a weekend soon, and the upper South hillbillies are planning a little moonshine get-away, why not us? Our weather is kicking tail right now, courses for the most part are getting in prime shape and we are all pretty close geographically. That last one is key, we don't have to do an overnight to meet up and play a round.

So I was thinking about places and dates. I'm partial to Naples/Fort Myers; convienent access via the Alley from the East coast and short drive from Tampa/Sarasota, or Sebring/Lake Placid since it's pretty much smack in the middle of the area.

As for dates, we have a huge window here, given that greens fees don't go outta sight until post-Thanksgiving but honestly I would rather get together sooner than later as it would be less interference with upcoming holiday plans and expenditures.

So basically I'm throwing this out as a feeler, what say you?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Nubtoubrem

Since the snowbirds up North are linking up for a weekend soon, and the upper South hillbillies are planning a little moonshine get-away, why not us? Our weather is kicking tail right now, courses for the most part are getting in prime shape and we are all pretty close geographically. That last one is key, we don't have to do an overnight to meet up and play a round.

So I was thinking about places and dates. I'm partial to Naples/Fort Myers; convienent access via the Alley from the East coast and short drive from Tampa/Sarasota, or Sebring/Lake Placid since it's pretty much smack in the middle of the area.

As for dates, we have a huge window here, given that greens fees don't go outta sight until post-Thanksgiving but honestly I would rather get together sooner than later as it would be less interference with upcoming holiday plans and expenditures.

So basically I'm throwing this out as a feeler, what say you?
SW -- You just need to come on up to North Georgia, Blairsville that is, listen to a little banjo music , drink a little shine, and play some show nuff fun golf

Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
iH1wMOhE

LOL Gray, Blairsville is a nice spot, current home of awesome bill iirc. I wouldn't mind heading yalls way if I can manipulate some previous plans, sure would be nice to meet some of the gang. Of course this Florida weather has spoiled so it might take a nip or two to keep me warm haha.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Teeppoodiug

yep.. You will need to bring you some warm clothes and a nip of rheumitism medicine to ward off the chill.. Everybody has been forewarned that Blairsville is a dry city so bring your liqour or beer as to be properly prepared for the outing...... SW -- you are going to be in for the time of your life man. These outings are a blast and it will prime you for the big outing next year in Florida. Getting to know fellow thper's is great!

Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
disappointment2

Dragging this one from the depths of the THP vault to see if the Florida folks want to plan a little get together later this month or early July. Since the east coast has had an influx of members lately I think it would be a good chance to put faces with screen names.

What say you?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
zenihan

Dragging this one from the depths of the THP vault to see if the Florida folks want to plan a little get together later this month or early July. Since the east coast has had an influx of members lately I think it would be a good chance to put faces with screen names.

What say you?
You know I'm up for this.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Axxflcaj

You know I am in brother. I can probably work out a deal with my club as well. Would love to gauge some more interest to see what we get.

Great idea though!

Tappin from my iPad

Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
girlsround

You know I'm up for this.
Maybe you can bring some wings

You know I am in brother. I can probably work out a deal with my club as well. Would love to gauge some more interest to see what we get.

Great idea though!

Tappin from my iPad
Excellent. I would like to play it somewhere that offers two courses that way those that want could do 36 without replaying. How's the bear situation?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
Drugsonl

Haha, glad you got that email. I just think it's an anomaly. You know what the wildlife is like out there. I saw a family of otters cross a tee box and a baby alligator running across a fairway. Seen so many things out there. One of the courses will be closed though, it's summer. But I could set it up for us to play another 18 after lunch and just make a whole day out of it.

Tappin from my iPad

Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
gennickO

Count me in

Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
Bromymbollile

I'll come over, if that's cool?

Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
hotelhyatt

I just need the date and I will make it a business trip as well as a golfing trip. I think in June would be better with MC looming in July.....just my thoughts

Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #13
Bvghbopz

I'm pretty swamped June and July. I'll be paying attention in the rare case it winds up being in August somehow hehe

Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #14
mnhloot

I'll come over, if that's cool?
You better. Leave that 2 iron at home though

I just need the date and I will make it a business trip as well as a golfing trip. I think in June would be better with MC looming in July.....just my thoughts
Yeah I don't want to go too late in July because of just that. I'll do some leg work on my lieu days this week at the local courses.

--
Tapatalk2

Old 02-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #15
TNgqZhLR

You better. Leave that 2 iron at home though

Yeah I don't want to go too late in July because of just that. I'll do some leg work on my lieu days this week at the local courses.

--
Tapatalk2
June is good with me, can probably get it done before the July 4th holidays?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #16
Biradallo

Yeah I would think so. June is a busy maintenance month as you know but I think mid-late is a good window. Hopefully the east coasters will chime in next week.

--
Tapatalk2

Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #17
UBJ3kvP1

I'd love to go and make it a day trip. Depends on the date and justifying leaving the wife with a toddler & infant for the day. What courses do you guys have in mind? I have only played the Rookery close to Marco Island, and that course was really nice. I've heard good things about Old Corkscrew. Might have to make a quick pit stop at the Pub and get the passport stamped!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #18
papadopul

I'd love to go and make it a day trip. Depends on the date and justifying leaving the wife with a toddler & infant for the day. What courses do you guys have in mind? I have only played the Rookery close to Marco Island, and that course was really nice. I've heard good things about Old Corkscrew. Might have to make a quick pit stop at the Pub and get the passport stamped!
I can assure you it will not be the rookery. They don't give much of a rate break and it is a little buggy over there this time of year. Corkscrew is very nice, the greens will drive you to drinking though.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking Verandah, TwinEagles, Bonita Bay (renovations pending), Lely Resort, Tiburon (renovations pending). Each those have 36 holes so if there's interest in replay its two different courses. If no interest then there is a lot more choices for 18 in Naples/Ft. Myers.

Is a Sunday or Saturday better for with the little one?

--
Tapatalk2

Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
JANALA

I can assure you it will not be the rookery. They don't give much of a rate break and it is a little buggy over there this time of year. Corkscrew is very nice, the greens will drive you to drinking though.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking Verandah, TwinEagles, Bonita Bay (renovations pending), Lely Resort, Tiburon (renovations pending). Each those have 36 holes so if there's interest in replay its two different courses. If no interest then there is a lot more choices for 18 in Naples/Ft. Myers.

Is a Sunday or Saturday better for with the little one?

--
Tapatalk2
Any Saturday except June 23rd. I'd be good with only 18 since it's a 2 hour commute each way. Gonna casually run it by the Boss tomorrow morning, and see how it goes.... hehe.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
FLOMOUSLY

I would be in pending work schedule. If I am off I am in.

Reply to Thread New Thread