LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
addyta.org

Default Exercise Ball for Golf Workouts
As I get back into golf I'm paying much better attention to the role of athleticism and flexibility in my performance. I've been looking up exercises and drills I can do to improve in these areas. Today I bought an exercise ball to help with my workouts. I've seen a number of good workouts to do with the ball to help with balance and hip rotation. Here are a few:

What golf exercises or workouts have you found that use an exercise ball?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
QualityReachOut

Thanks for those! I've never thought to use an excersize ball for it, but I've been trying to stretch more lately because I'm anti-flexible.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
soSldI4i

I use 3 diff sizes for various exercises and stretches. Going to really pay off over the off season

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
Freefspruptpx

Thanks for posting those vids. I have a ball that I have yet to use, but since winter is on the way I'll start working out again.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
Necedofer

This is a good post. I have a ball and use it for back exercises, but these are some new ones I haven't seen before.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
addyta.org

My lower back can get stiff sometimes, so I'm looking forward to using the ball to help loosen me up. It's also a good chair to help me with my posture.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Kamepherype

One I use is, knees at 90 degrees with shoulder blades on the ball, hands straight up in the air. Keeping the upper body parallel to the ground, rotate to one side until arms are parallel to the ground. Return to the arms up position and roll to the other side. Repeat.
Pretty sure this one is on the TPI site if you need a vid.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
addyta.org

One I use is, knees at 90 degrees with shoulder blades on the ball, hands straight up in the air. Keeping the upper body parallel to the ground, rotate to one side until arms are parallel to the ground. Return to the arms up position and roll to the other side. Repeat.
Pretty sure this one is on the TPI site if you need a vid.
This is one of the first ones I saw. I like doing it with a 20 or 30 pound dumbell. Another I really like it to straddle the ball with my feet while in the pushup position and then roll my left and right foot to the ground. That's a good core workout that keeps the arms engaged too.

Reply to Thread New Thread