LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
Kimeoffessyr

I love playing on my own, especially when I'm working on my game. If the course is slow, it's nice to drop a few balls in different spots and play different shots. It's always nice to enjoy the peace and quiet from time to time.
same here! I have no issues going out solo. I enjoy working on my game and dropping a few balls in the bunkers and working on different types of shots.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #22
yarita

same here! I have no issues going out solo. I enjoy working on my game and dropping a few balls in the bunkers and working on different types of shots.
I completely agree. It's nice after work to squeeze nine in when you can and later on the weekends when you have time it's nice to not feel rushed and take your time and hit a few extra shots that you wouldn't normally get the chance to practice. Really helps your work on real shots on the course as opposed to just on the range or chipping green. I have no problems playing solo but I definitely love the company of others while playing as well.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #23
ycMC0PLg

I really enjoy playing by myself occasionally. I almost always shoot a better score because I take my time reading putts and really thinking about every shot.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 AM   #24
formobilagsw

I don't mind playing by myself. I would rather play with a group though.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:45 AM   #25
t78VPkdO

i love playing golf with...
1 my family
2a my friends
2b really hot chicks
3 co workers
4 alone
5 strangers(unless they fall into the 2b category)

Old 06-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #26
AlabamaBoyz

If I`m working on something...I will play alone....because when I play with the guys we play for enough money that you can`t be screwing around trying something to see if it works...Plus when I play alone I usually play 2 balls...Jim

Old 06-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #27
Usendyduexy

I am what some would call a sunrise guy. At least once a week you will find me on the course early in the morning leaving footprints, and ball tracks on the dewy Greens. Seems no one else likes to play that early, but I really enjoy it. West to east fairways can be a bit of a hassle, but I do OK. My other weekly round is with a few of the club regulars, but seldom the same ones as I mix up the days I go.
Amen brother. I love a pre 7:30am round. It allows me to get my golf in and still have a productive day. When I play by myself I don't compound my mistakes as much. But I think I play better when I play with other players especially better players. Whenever I play with better players I put up very solid numbers....it must be a mental or competitive thing.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #28
Markdogas

I like both - playing alone and in a group of friends. This summer I've been playing alone 1 night after work from around 5:30 - 8:00. I walk to get some exercise, and just about get in a whole round. I also have been going to the course Sunday morning and teeing off first at 6:30. I take a cart so I don't hold anyone up, and am done at 8:15. I am home by 8:30. Works perfectly for me - I get in my round of golf and don't miss anything at home with the kids/wife.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #29
itititit

I tend to hurry a bit more by myself. No reason why, but I do. I like to play a couple balls and practice shots every now and then, but I find it more enjoyable to play with a good group.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #30
infarrelisam

I have no problem playing alone, and usually do so at my "home" course because there are no set tee times on Monday-Thursday. I'm also a pretty fast player, so playing with others can tend to slow me down. I can walk 18 holes in 3 hours easily if I'm playing alone and not hitting the ball all over the place. The only issue with playing alone is that I sometimes have trouble finding my ball if I hit it well offline, but other than that, I don't mind it at all. Late afternoon and early evening rounds on my own are the best.

Reply to Thread New Thread