LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
dodsCooggipsedebt

You will become a honorary employee of the day of Brodie International for the supplier one in October. You will be known as Chris in Shipping!
Don't forget to put ole gray in as like a silver fox .. Sometimes it's just plain hard to turn a sour mood around especially if you have that competitor personality. I suppose if you find out your team is awful after the first tee, just pretend you are going to beat the rest of the guys by yourself. It will keep your competitive juices flowing.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #22
orbidewa

Don't forget to put ole gray in as like a silver fox .. Sometimes it's just plain hard to turn a sour mood around especially if you have that competitor personality. I suppose if you find out your team is awful after the first tee, just pretend you are going to beat the rest of the guys by yourself. It will keep your competitive juices flowing.
I am thinking from the OP that jd did not have to pretend he was going to beat the rest of the guys by himself, it seems he just wanted to have a little help. I was there in a 2 man scramble once that a friend invited me to play in, I did not know that he played golf and on our 1st hole it became obvious that he did not play golf. Yep, it was a swing and a miss. I shot OK that day so it was not a totally embarassing score, but I can somewhat relate to what jd is saying.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #23
Stacypettlerr

next time use this pre-round routine

[YOUTUBEHD]wygbfBNPH50[/YOUTUBEHD]

Old 01-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #24
dodsCooggipsedebt

That dude is funny and I am going to try that on our number nine hole in the a.m.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #25
Stacypettlerr

That dude is funny and I am going to try that on our number nine hole in the a.m.
Take a fishing pole so you'll have something to do while drying off before your tee time.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #26
myspacecoo

I play one shot at a time, and anything closer to the hole is progress. I played with a guy who would absolutely freak out if he hit it thin or fat or right or left. I'd have traded shots with him mostly but he was in agony, me and my playing partner had to clench our jaws tight because it was so comical.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #27
FilmCriticAwezume

Well today wasn't any better but it was a casual round. Free golf but I agreed to play with lady at work family members that wanted to play and another lady at work husband. One had only played 4 times in his life (found that out on first tee) and other played like you think he just started. Actually one that only played few times played better than guy that has been playing for several year. Slow... slow..slow I let a single walker play through on #4 it was so bad. Then let a foursome play through on #6 luckily it wasn't busy at all today. I had completely different mindset and played alot better shooting a 77. However I think it was slowest round I've ever played in my life. They were clueless about pace of play,driving carts up, bringing putter with your wedge, and list goes on. These guys were so slow from tee box to second shot we putted out by time they tried hitting to the green. I told them several times we need to speed up but they didn't seem to get it. So we did a Sabattini on several holes but they still were clueless.

I did learn something about Northerners (THESE WERE DAMN YANKEES) they believed you only use the rake to cover your divot out the the bunker not your footprints! We had WTF moment and told them you rake it to look like you were never in the bunker! WOW!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #28
irrelaAnnekly

I learned a long time ago that getting upset not only serves no purpose, it can only make things worse. Every week, this "fact," proves itself over and over.

In my regular group, the four of us are all of similar ability. Myself and another guy, Roy, are much more positive and never let the bad shots, holes, or stretches of hols, get to us. The other two, can snap at a moment's notice.

Over the course of the past two years, despite all of us possessing similar skills and HC's, myself and Roy have probably combined for 70% to 80% of the wins. I haven't a doubt that mindset has much to do with that. We're friends and I'd love to see them play well so I've told them what I think is the issue. More than once. Even though they'll agree to a point, their behavior doesn't change.

The only commonalities is that both Roy and I are fathers while the others are not and both Roy and I have had near-death experiences, which thankfully the others have not. Roy, due to health, and myself due to a crazy group assault back in '89. Along with a few close calls while a cop for the NYPD. So maybe it's no more than perspective? Not sure.

All I know is, hitting bad golf shots will in fact annoy me. I've always been a good athlete and I expect myself to be able to perform up to my capabilities. But hitting a bad golf shot will never anger or infuriate me. It's golf, it's hard and while I'm a decent player, I'm as far from perfect as the next guy. Bad shots, bad holes, bad stretches of holes only make me focus to break the spell. I love a challenge.

Reply to Thread New Thread