LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
Hixinfineedom

Default Golf Course Ettiquette
There was a big hoopla about Tiger Woods spitting on the golf course during his recent Euro-Tour event... I was just watching the last round of the 2011 Mayakoba Golf Classic and Spencer Levin was smoking in the fairway and them flicked his cigarette butt to the ground.

How is one less offensive than the other? Are equally offensive or equally irrelevant?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
strongjannabiz

There was a big hoopla about Tiger Woods spitting on the golf course during his recent Euro-Tour event... I was just watching the last round of the 2011 Mayakoba Golf Classic and Spencer Levin was smoking in the fairway and them flicked his cigarette butt to the ground.

How is one less offensive than the other? Are equally offensive or equally irrelevant?
Personally I find them equally offensive

Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
diseeKeythilt

I find him throwing his cigarette butt on the ground more offensive. Spit will soak in and it was not a big deal. They just want to make Tiger the scapegoat for any problem. Sergio even said the next day that many golfers do it and he guessed that it only mattered when you get caught.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
CoallyPax

they are both gross, but someone might have to putt through Tiger's spit. That's the only difference I see. Does the PGA TOUR have a spitting rule like the Euro Tour?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
67Irralphaisa

Both a bad and I smoke, but you will never find a butt of mine on the course. It is all about how you were raised and how much respect you have for others and places like a golf course.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
Sdinozes

equally offensive....but it happens all the time!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
67Irralphaisa

They are both offensive, however I can flick the cigarette butt out of the way with my putter head, not so with the spittle.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Quiniacab

Isn't litter litter? Don't know why butts are any different, it's bad form to litter anywhere let alone the golf course. I put my butts in the push cart compartment until I come to a trash bin. I think I have less problem with spitting.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Stovegeothnon

Both a bad and I smoke, but you will never find a butt of mine on the course. It is all about how you were raised and how much respect you have for others and places like a golf course.
not trying to call you out, but as a smoker myself, what do you do with the butts?

BTW the human mouth and it's Saliva is without a doubt the most disgusting place on your body. Boxers and UFC fighters wear those gloves for their hand's protection not the for the other guy. The idea of touching my ball after it rolled in someones spit makes my skin crawl

Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
Verger99

I'd say they are equally as disgusting, at least to me.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
DeronBoltonRen

not trying to call you out, but as a smoker myself, what do you do with the butts?
If early in the morning I'll grab a cup of coffee with a lid and ash out there. If not the sand carrier on carts work then just empty frequently at your nearest trash can.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #12
TagBahthuff

I smoke and toss em on the ground and step on it..I mean, I dont want to start a forrest fire

Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
Stovegeothnon

If early in the morning I'll grab a cup of coffee with a lid and ash out there. If not the sand carrier on carts work then just empty frequently at your nearest trash can.
I use the empty drink container too. But the Sand Carrier is brilliant in its simplicity.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
Quiniacab

I smoke and toss em on the ground and step on it..I mean, I dont want to start a forrest fire
What? You don't flick them at your brother to see him dance?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #15
TagBahthuff

What? You don't flick them at your brother to see him dance?
depends on how bad he is beating me! in college we used to flick cigs at dudes feet if they were wearing sandals...the winner was the one that stuck in between the toes.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
nermise

I have a guy at work that I play golf with occasionally that smokes and does the same thing.
When he does, I promptly pick up the butt and drop it in his golf bag. (I love doing that!)
He always starts whining about it when I do that. I just remind him that the golf course is not his ashtray.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
TagBahthuff

I have a guy at work that I play golf with occasionally that smokes and does the same thing.
When he does, I promptly pick up the butt and drop it in his golf bag. (I love doing that!)
He always starts whining about it when I do that. I just remind him that the golf course is not his ashtray.
I hear ya man, I personally dont care if people drop a cig, cigar, spit, you name it on the golf course. It is what it is.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
Quiniacab

depends on how bad he is beating me! in college we used to flick cigs at dudes feet if they were wearing sandals...the winner was the one that stuck in between the toes.
LOL.

Now I have another reason to need the snow to go away. There are a lot of sandal wearing people around here that annoy me. Too bad too many of them wear socks with their sandles, that will make it harder to get into the toes.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
Yinekol

I smoke and when I'm done, I flick the cherry off and the rest of the tobacco out. If I'm near the cart, I toss it in there until I get to a trash can. If I'm in the middle of the fairway, I just put the butt in my pocket until I get to the cart. I never leave them on the course, and, since I'm the one who smoked it, if I smell like smoke because a butt's been in my pocket, that's fine. I don't want to ruin the course for anyone else.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
nermise

I smoke and when I'm done, I flick the cherry off and the rest of the tobacco out. If I'm near the cart, I toss it in there until I get to a trash can. If I'm in the middle of the fairway, I just put the butt in my pocket until I get to the cart. I never leave them on the course, and, since I'm the one who smoked it, if I smell like smoke because a butt's been in my pocket, that's fine. I don't want to ruin the course for anyone else.
+1 Repped !!

Reply to Thread New Thread