LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
ExelePlavisseu

Default Lefties playing righty?
Are there any others here who are lefthanded but play righthanded (or the other way around)? My pops stuck a club in my hands before I'd begun writing, so I ended up playing righthanded. We only had righthanded clubs around, so there wasn't much to do about it, not to mention that club availability in the early 90s for lefties was a bit of an issue. It has never really bothered me, nor felt weird but I can have some problems in impact because I'm leading with my strong side and thus my weak side can kinda collapse.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
68AttendGem

Yep I am a lefty and learned on my Dad's lefty clubs. But when I took my first real lessons in 1979 I switched to right (can't remember why) and have played right ever since. I actually used to carry a lefty 7 iron for some rescue shots. I am only guessing, but I think it increased my accuracy, and killed a lot of my potential distance.

I should pick up a used lefty driver some day and see if I can learn to hit it again.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
alskdjreyfd

Well I am right handed and I played m first year left handed, then switched over to right handed after my mom got me a set of right handed clubs for Xmas. I putted left handed for about 4 years also. I still play hockey left handed, so I am a bit strange. I don't think I lost any distance, but maybe accuracy

My wife is actually left handed and plays golf (and softball) right handed.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
spamkillerf

i wish!

i've tried to swing right handed, but i just can't do it. i feel like i'm too far down the road as a lefty golfer to even want to try to go right handed. i wish i was right handed when it comes to golf though.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Rinkeliacasse

I am right handed and batted switch (primarily left though) for many years. I tried golfing left handed when I was a kid and I was extremely inaccurate, so I switched back to righty!

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
fkjghfg

I've played around taking a few full swings using right-handed clubs with disastrous results. I am, however, experimenting with putting right-handed.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
QuidQuoPro

my brother is left handed in everything except golf... he made the decision because it was impossible to find the clubs he wanted left handed

Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
HartOvara

Yep, I'm left handed but play right handed.

Putted for about a year and a half left handed, played about with a few left handed clubs, but play the game righty.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
ExelePlavisseu

Yep, I'm left handed but play right handed.

Putted for about a year and a half left handed, played about with a few left handed clubs, but play the game righty.
It's official: guys with "the" before their name are lefties who play righty!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
HartOvara

It's official: guys with "the" before their name are lefties who play righty!
haha, you got it, that's the code broken!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
hujdrftgkas

Leftie in everything I do,except golf, always played right handed.
Just the availablity in the early 90's in the UK of left handed gear was not good so used my dads old right handed blades.
Thing is I hit it further playing leftie and my weakness is getting through the ball playing right handed,I don't want the 2 seasons of utter trash till I get to the same level playing leftie.
There are some bargains to be had now on ebay leftie though!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #12
Amomiamup

I eat and write right handed but play all sports left handed. I can't write worth a crap left handed and i can't play worth a crap right handed. But I think I can eat ok with either hand...

Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
teergoBissono

I eat and write right handed but play all sports left handed. I can't write worth a crap left handed and i can't play worth a crap right handed. But I think I can eat ok with either hand...
Im the same way, I only swing clubs, bats and hockey sticks as a lefty, everything else (writing, throwing) I do right handed.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
KellyLynchIV

I'm a lefty, that plays golf righty. I definitely picked up some things right handed b/c it was easier - golf (started on my dad's clubs, then used my mom's clubs), scissors (I distinctly remember trying to cut with my left, but failing in the first grade b/c they only had right handed scissors), batting (b/c that's how I was taught in school), and violin (which I played for all of 1 year). Everything else, I pretty much do left - write, bowl, tennis, ultimate frisbee. Oh, and for some strange reason, I cut with a knife using my right hand - maybe from watching my mom? As a woman, I have to say I'm happy that I'm a righty in golf b/c I can't imagine finding women's clubs in left to demo.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #15
QuidQuoPro

I'm a lefty, that plays golf righty. I definitely picked up some things right handed b/c it was easier - golf (started on my dad's clubs, then used my mom's clubs), scissors (I distinctly remember trying to cut with my left, but failing in the first grade b/c they only had right handed scissors), batting (b/c that's how I was taught in school), and violin (which I played for all of 1 year). Everything else, I pretty much do left - write, bowl, tennis, ultimate frisbee. Oh, and for some strange reason, I cut with a knife using my right hand - maybe from watching my mom? As a woman, I have to say I'm happy that I'm a righty in golf b/c I can't imagine finding women's clubs in left to demo.
ultimate frisbee... i am gonna have to google that

Old 12-14-2010, 02:39 AM   #16
toopyimport

Im the same way, I only swing clubs, bats and hockey sticks as a lefty, everything else (writing, throwing) I do right handed.
Same here. Honestly think it's a hockey thing for Canadians.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
Aluback

My school has an ultimate frisbee club at school and it's really fun. Can't play now though as it gets dark by 5:30. In a nutshell it's basically touch football without line of scrimmages.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #18
Amomiamup

I play guitar right handed too. Forgot to mention that.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #19
maliboia

My son (now a college grad) is lefty who golfs righty. Hits the ball a ton and is an above average "feel" player. Great short game. Baseball left throw, switch hitter with power both ways.

BTW he throws the frisbee lefty while playing Ultimate. Plays for the UW Eau Claire EauZone team. He is most excellent at poaching and THINKS he has a fine hammer. He plays "cups" quite a bit but his calling is cutter. Speed and height ya know. He has an attitude about someone "skying" him. Got a compliment from the Callahan winner from UW Hodags on his "D". EauZone, as most teams, has trouble hanging with the Hodag's speed and handler skills but usually can get their attention. Yep--Seven men on the line.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #20
Dreqsqse

Charles Barkley switched from righty to lefty - pretty scary stuff

Reply to Thread New Thread