LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
Lån-Penge

How much do you pay annually for Golf Membership? - $1,050 year family.
and do you have to pay a joining fee? - none
would your course be considered very good or average at best? - good family country club, the course has a great design, it isn't always kept the best and the greens are sometimes rough.
are you close to a city or large urban location? - Paducah KY about 30 min.
are there any unique extra features such as driving ranges, or health spa's? - swimming pool. - driving range and swimming pool, raquetball and tennis

I leave my cart in a shed there. It is great b/c my family enjoys it. they let us take our kids out who are 5 or below. It is not too busy either.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #22
Izzy

We're signing on the dotted line tomorrow for next year at a new to us semi-private club. It's going to be about 40% less expensive than the semi-private club we belonged to the last two years. The golf course is not as nice: shorter, less elevation changes, inferior range. The greens, however, are much better. We are moving there with Jr. Lancer in mind. She can walk to get in tournament shape, our last club was carts only, and the club is very junior friendly. They run a summer long group lesson junior program, and there are serious young golfers that spend the day playing and practicing. We're hoping she makes some golf friends. The big plus is her coach works out of this club.

Wife and I: $1,700 for unlimited golf, no carts included.
Wife and I range membership: $200 for both of us.
Jr. Lancer: $475 for unlimited golf and range.

Carts are $28 for two, and we can pay by the month if we want. We may do that mid-summer when it's hot. Another nice thin about this club is it's friendly to lady golfers. Mrs. Esox is talking about group lessons and playing in a league. They also have all kinds of events for men.

Kevin

Old 11-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
forebirdo

Club I just resigned from was semi private, cost $225 per month, initiation fee was $2500, now $1500, thanks to economy. Tough course, a US Open Qualifier. Rounds cost me as a social member, between $48 and $63, with cart, depending on the season. Club has 2 dining areas, indoor and outdoor pool, driving range, putting green, sand area, and a teaching pro. Also, 6 tennis courts, gym, and outdoor snack bar.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
bebeacc

I play at a local junior college. They charge by the quarter. Some quarters are $180 and some are $150. Hard to beat those prices.

Reply to Thread New Thread